Chapter 66: Missing

"You'll never get away with this! When my father hears about this, it will be the end of you!" Draco snapped, annoyed, at Delmer Blevins. He, Ron, and Luna were tied up, wandless and blindfolded. They had been like that for a good hour and they were beginning to lose hope. Surely at least someone from the large group had to have a suspicion of why the three of them had not come back! At least Ginny and George would come for Ron or Neville would come for Luna... yet they had not heard a sound and they were starting to panic, or at least the red-head was.

Thorfinn Rowle laughed heartily, "Oh whatever shall we do if poor old Lucius ever found out?"

Draco growled and squirmed beneath the bindings as he heard protests from Ron. He wasn't deterred, "You just wait!"

The Death Eater ripped off the blind fold, "Your father is a coward and he only is out to save his own arse!"

Luna sighed, empty, "What a terrible thing to say."

Rowle stomped over to the blonde girl, "You have a different idea, do you?"

She gave a small smile although she could not see the man, it was a grin that her friends knew very well and it was a haunting one, "Yes I do. The Malfoys may have faltered with Voldemort but they are loyal to their own family."

"And what are you? This little boy's girlfriend?" he referred to Draco in a rough holler.

Luna smiled sweetly, "No, he is my very good friend, though. He has a good heart."

Ron snorted at the girl's comment, "I suppose the Nargles told you that one?" he muttered under his breath and Draco elbowed him in the ribs, "Ow!"

"Shut your face, Weasley!" he jeered.

Rowle straightened, "Nargles? What are Nargles?"

Delmer moaned, "Good God man, you sound just like those children! Stop bickering!"

Draco watched as the Death Eater wrinkled his nose in annoyance as he retreated from them and lazily sat in one of the chairs in the Minister's office. Was any of the group members even slightly worried about him? Was his Godfather at all concerned for his well-being? Would Snape come to their rescue like he always had before? Or was he tired of being a baby-sitter and had left them for dead? For that's what he feared they might become if someone didn't hurry and come to the rescue! Did Snape's priorities change and he only wanted Hermione? He couldn't help but feel a tinge of jealousy whenever he thought of the girl. The Potions Master had been there for him when no one else ever had and he had clung to him for most of his life as his second father. Snape had spent extra time with him, training him to be a powerful wizard, teaching him how to duel, and always picking out the best opportunities for him to succeed.

Without the teacher, he knew he would be weaker than ever, a coward. If there was one thing that Snape always tried to push on him, it was to never run away from his problems. He needed to face his fears and hold strong for what he believed in, whether it was right or wrong. Although most of his school years, at least growing up, Draco disregarded Snape's nonsense, for that was what he thought it was at the time. Only later, after he had left Hogwarts, had he actually understood his words. That was why he was here. Draco was standing up for what he believed in. He just hoped that Hermione Granger wouldn't turn his Godfather from him. She seemed to have such a powerful influence over him and it frightened Draco to the core that she somehow had the command in whether or not Snape would ever be in his life again. Although not by blood, Draco felt as though Severus Snape truly was his father. He had received a lot of tough love in his years with the Potions Master, but it was love none the less and even though the man had been disappointed in him on several occasions, he was always there for support, always there when Draco needed him most. Always.