Chapter 64: Puzzle Pieces p 3 Continued

"Here it is!" Luna whispered, waving over Ron and Draco who quickly came forward.

Voices were heard down the hallway and the three looked to each other in a moment of uncertainty before they wordlessly agreed to hide in an alcove to wait for whoever it was, to pass. Ron peeked around the stone wall to see a small little man, not much taller than Professor Flitwick, waddle closer to the door that the three of them had just been at and was accompanied by a large, tall man with blonde hair and a nasty expression written on his face. Ron recognized him from the coffee shop that he, Harry and Hermione had gone to after the raid of Bill's and Fleur's wedding reception. There had been two Death Eaters at the shop who they later stunned and erased one of their memories... however, the man that Ron was staring at was the one that had gotten away...

"You recognize that man, don't you, Ron?" Luna stated, watching his faraway expressions.

He shook himself and looked back at the small blonde who smiled at him generously in her glowing spectrespecs, "Yeah that's Thorfinn Rowle..."

"How did he escape?" Draco murmured, also recognizing the man.

Ron glanced over at the Slytherin, "You know him too? Do you know who could have helped him escape?"

"I thought all the Death Eaters had been prosecuted and sentenced... I remember his in particular..." he said with an air of insecurity, "Why would anyone want to break him out now that the Dark Lord is gone?"

Ron went pale, "Do you think Voldemort is back?"

Draco elbowed Ron in the ribs, "Oh please, Weaselbee, don't tell me you're scared."

He glared at his rival, "Not as scared as you were when you went crawling back to your parents in the last battle, you twit."

Luna hushed them, "Look!" she pointed and the two boys broke eye contact for just a moment to see the men slip into the office. She pulled out her wand as the door was closing and took off her shoe, "Locomotor!" she whispered as her loafer slid through the gap and stopped the door from locking behind the men.

"We need to go after them!" She started but Ron pulled her arm before she could escape.

He huffed, "Are you bloody mad? Snape told us we need to be looking for Kingsley not Death Eaters and dwarves!"

She smiled as the lenses of her glasses spun, "They are going into the Minister's office, perhaps he is there, either way, I feel like we need to go after them. Perhaps this is the missing link to the puzzle."

"Will you take those off?" Draco snapped and grabbed the spectrespecs, "I can't take you seriously with those ridiculous glasses."

She looked back to Ron, not fazed by the rude actions of the Slytherin, her radish earrings twirled around, "I have a good feeling about it."

He sighed and ran a hand through his red hair, "I can't believe we are doing this! I thought my spying days with Harry and Hermione were over, but I guess I was so wrong..."

"Oh move over," Draco shoved him out of the way as he started striding towards the office door with Luna at his tail. Ron made a growl and reluctantly followed slowly, angry at the Slytherin who he wanted to hex badly.

Luna grabbed the handle of the door and pulled it open, releasing her shoe which she quickly slipped on as she peered into the dark entry way of the room. There was one candle lit that dimly illuminated the small lobby of the office where another door lay closed that she assumed had to lead to the actual private office. She turned her head to give a reassuring smile to Ron and Draco before swiftly gliding in with an airy grace that was a bit awkward in a way with her blonde curls bouncing happily, contrasting to the suspenseful mood. Ron followed in next, pushing Draco out of the way this time to get his revenge for earlier and smirked as he heard the grunt from outside that came from the unhappy rival.