Chapter 12

Sakura peeled her eyes open as the sun's ray's kissed her face. She was propped up against a tree looking out at the waterfall.

'I must have dozed off sometime during the night.' Sakura concludes.

The seal that she used yesterday on the Akasuki takes a lot of chakra and makes the user very weak, it's amazing that Sakura lasted as long as she did. The pink haired young woman stretched out her body and began her journey back home.

When she made her way back she silently slipped over the gate just as she had done the night before.

It's around 6:00am so no one was up and the gate was still locked.

'The Akasuki should still be out of it for the rest of today and tonight, so I'll be able to try and find out whats wrong with Malady, instead of looking after the Akasuki.' Sakura thought to herself as she made her way over to the hospital and into Tsunade's room. Shizune had been working day and night trying to find a clue as to what's wrong with her. Sadly she has found nothing, other than she is getting worse.

Sakura walks over to Tusnade who was in a coma. Maybe once a month she would wake up for a moment or two, but then she'd slip back into a coma. Sakura felt so awful for Tsunade.

Placing a glowing green hand on Tsunade's forehead the young medic began her checkup.

When she was finished examining her, she found that she had a fever, and that slowly her body was starting to shut down.

"Why is her body just now shutting down?" Sakura asked herself aloud. Tsunade has been sick for a while now, it didn't make since to Sakura that her body would just now begin to shut down. She went to the library that was in the hokage tower. She new that Tsunade had a lot of medic books in there that just might help her if she new where to look. When Sakura walked in she instantly noticed the pile of books on the table.

Along with the stack of books, there were papers and scrolls all over the table. Tsunade normally liked to keep her spaces clean and neat, unless it was paperwork. Sakura sat down at the small blue chair that was behind the table,and started looking through the endless stacks of books and scrolls.

All of them were about illnesses and medic ninjustu. Sakura opened the first book and a folded peace of paper fell out. She sat the light blue book down and picked up the white paper. Sakura has always been a little nosy. However considering the circumstances, Sakura thought that it would be ok to snoop this time.

Dear Sakura,

By the time you find this I'll  be sick and in a coma. I have already placed a huge burden on your sholders, and I'm afraid that I am going to give you another one. I wasn't able to figured out what's wrong with me, but maybe you can.

It all started about a month ago. I woke up with a stomach pain and a runny nose and a fever. I dismissed it as a cold at the time, but as time went on I realized that it was more than a cold.

It kept getting worse. I started digging into it, I have found out that I was poisoned, by whom or how I'm not sure. I'm sorry that I have fail in saving myself, but now I must rely on you, my best apprentice. I have complete faith in you abilities.

~Tsunade

'Who would want to poison Lady Tsunade? Who made the poison? What's the cure?'Sakura had all of these questions,  but  no answers. She wasn't sure were to start looking for the answers.

She looked over at the scrolls and books.

"Might as well start from the top."Sakura said to herself as she grabbed the top book and started flipping through it. She seen some things were underlined and that there were notes on the side of the page. Looking over the letter once again as well as the notes that Tsunade had made, Sakura realized something. The legendary sucker made a gamble.

"Because Tsunade new that she was sick, she made me take the Jonin test, she new that when she became to sick to help herself then I would look for the cure, she new that I'd be in here, and she new that I would notice the books on the table."Sakura spoke out loud to no one but herself, however she wasnt the only one to hear.

"I see your starting to figure it out one step at a time." A voice said. Sakura turned around so quickly it made her dizzy for a moment.

"How did you get in here?"Sakura asked the person that she believed would have never stepped foot in this village again.

"It wasn't hard, I see that the leaf is just as careless as they always have been."

"Get out, or I'll make you." Sakura spoke with venom dripping off her voice. She was't in the mood to play around.

"Come now Sakura, is that anyway to treat an old friend."

"The same old friend that left me behind on a cold bench for power."Sakura snapped back at him. Despite what Sakura had thought, this didn't make him angry, he just smirked down at her.

"Why did you come back Sasuke?" Sakura asked her old team mate and old crush.

"Do you really think that you can make me leave?"Sasuke said completely ignoring her last question.

"I know I can." Was Sakura's response as the two of them went at each other with kunai in hand.

 ^^^^

Who will win? Comment and Vote below!