"grab me some hot chocolate."

To say Ace Solo hated Hoth was an understatement.

The planet of Hoth was freezing cold, with temperatures often diving past the freezing point. Snow was far from uncommon. Almost every couple hours, a fresh blanket would litter the ground, making it difficult to navigate the icy and desolate tundra of Hoth. Quite the opposite of Corellia, Ace's home planet, she found the chilling temperatures and constant snowstorms to be more than annoying.

So yes, to say Ace hated Hoth was an understatement.

Patrolling was also quite awful. Galloping around a brutally cold planet for hours on end atop a Tauntaun, an incredibly smelly animal, was not Ace's idea of a good time. She'd take her X-Wing, the Millennium Falcon, or even a speeder over those horselike animals any day.

"Echo Four to Echo Six," a feminine voice called into Ace's com link, which was beneath her hood, "You see anything, Ace?"

"Nothing but snow and ice." Ace grumbled as a strong wind blew by, ruffling the fluffy hood of her olive green coat. "You'd think that after a while they'd stop sending us out here, we never pick up anything anyways. But of course we just keep getting forced back out."

"Go complain to Leia if you want, I'm certainly not doing that." Responded Echo Four, "That princess scares the bantha fodder out of me."

"Awe, Leia's a huge softie." Said Ace, grinning.

"Well... you're friends with her." Huffed out Echo Four, "you saved her from the Empire and now you room with her, of course she's gonna be a softie around you. Anyways, I'm heading back to the base, I finished my circle."

"Okay, I'll catch up with you later then, Lil." Ace told her, pulling her eye protectors over her face, shielding them from the winds, which were steadily getting rougher and rougher. "I'm gonna get Han before I go back, maybe catch up with Luke too. Hopefully they've finished their circles."

       "Alright, bye."

     The comlink buzzed slightly before cutting off the connection. Ace's Tauntaun shifted, braying loudly as the wind whipped the fur lined hood of Ace's coat around, spraying some snow that had been on the slopes.

     "I know, I know, it's really cold." Ace said soothingly, rubbing her Tauntaun's back, "Just a couple more minutes, girlie. Then we can head back and grab a nice bucket of Lichen for you, set you up in the stalls real nice with a big, soft blanket, y'know, the works."

The Tauntaun softened under her touch, shaking her head briskly before straightening up.

"Echo Three to Echo's Six and Seven," the familiar voice, shrouded by static, pierced through Ace's com link and she couldn't help but smile when she heard who it was. "Ace, Han, ol' buddy, d'you read me?"

"Aye aye farm boy," said Ace teasingly, "I've finished my circle."

"Loud and clear," added Han, "What's up?"

"Well, I finished my circle." Luke told them as a chilling wind blew again, stronger than the last one and Ace found herself pulling her jacket around her even tighter, "I don't pick up any life readings."

"There isn't enough life on this ice cube to fill a space cruiser," Han said and Ace giggled lightly, "The sensors are placed, I'm going back."

"Right." Said Luke. "I'll see you shortly, there's a meteorite that hit the ground near here. I want to check it out. It won't take long. Ace," he added quickly, "You wanna come with?"

Really shivering very hard, Ace bit her lip uncertainly, glancing down at her also freezing Tauntaun. "Sorry, Luke," responded Ace, sounding very apologetic indeed, "But Lily already went back and I've got to give a debriefing with her and my Tauntaun's literally freezing, plus I promised her I'd grab some Lichen, and then Leia wanted too-"