"plenty of boys in the galaxy."

To put things simply, Ace was furious with herself.

     Here she was, thinking about that damned Luke Skywalker constantly, as she had been for the last year or so. If Hoth hadn't been the best place to make a move, when the two of them would sit alone by a fireplace for hours with their hot chocolate, then Dagobah certainly had to be. Dagobah was vacant of human life, meaning the only real distraction would be Master Yoda. Even Han and Leia were surprisingly absent, as they were usually with Ace and Luke, and Ace couldn't say that she didn't mind the extra alone time with the handsome Skywalker.

     But she had no idea if he minded being alone with her or not.

     And even if he did like to be with her, Ace already knew it was more than likely that he just wanted to be friends. She remembered his face after the Princess kissed him, not that Ace was likely to ever forget it. She remembered his smugness, his content with it, even if Leia didn't truly think of Luke romantically, what was to stop Luke from thinking otherwise?

     "Don't be silly, Artoo, I couldn't possibly do that." Said Ace shortly as she and the droid sat around a very flat, tall rock in the midst of the jungle, playing a sort of game they had made from pebbles they collected.

     A small arm like figure extending from his chest, Artoo cast his pebble and landed on his mark with ease, giving a small squeak of triumph before asking Ace another question.

     "Yeah, well," answered Ace sourly, tossing her pebble and completely missing, "Farm boy's got other things on his mind, like Leia."

     Moving back to retrieve the pebble Ace had completely overshot, Artoo beeped in frustration.

     "Of course I'm sure." Ace told him with an eye roll, leaning backwards as the humid air pressed in all around her. "You saw his face when she kissed him on Hoth, didn't you? He's so obviously in love with her-not me. But it's okay," continued Ace hurriedly, "I'm fine with it, we can be just friends. There are plenty of boys in the galaxy."

     Artoo said something else and Ace let out a huff of frustration.

     "I already told you Artoo, no, I am not going to try anything." She said curtly, "I'll only get rejected and that would be embarrassing. It doesn't matter how good looking he is or how sweet he his or-" she groaned loudly, "None of it matters, okay! We're friends, that's all we'll ever be." She finished miserably.

~~~~~

          "Ace-hey-Ace!"

     Glancing up boredly from the small game of tic-tac-toe she had started with Artoo on top of the flattest rock she could find, Ace smiled widely as Luke ran over to her, ducking under branches and dodging shrubs. Sweat dotted his forehead, his blonde bangs sticking to his forehead but his grin was very wide and his pearly white teeth shone in the dim lighting of the forest.

"Luke!" Ace turned to him, showing Artoo her back, who squeaked in protest. "How was training?"

"It's hard-But not too hard." Luke amended hurriedly. "Yoda's giving me a small break because I kept messing up." He admitted rather sheepishly, brushing some of his fringe out of his eyes.

"Aw, I'm sure you'll get it soon." Ace told him encouragingly, standing up and finding herself much closer to him then she meant to be, her face just inches from his. "You can do it, farm boy."

"Thought I told you to stop calling me that."

     "Thought I didn't care." Retorted Ace, grinning broadly as Luke shook his head in mild amusement.

     "Alright, alright." He relented, still with his boyish and goofy attitude. "I'm not even going to try with you-just let me show you this cool trick Yoda taught me. It's really neat, I promise, it'll be-"

     "Okay, okay." Ace giggled slightly, "I get it, Luke, show me already."

     "Okay." He grinned rather proudly, like a pup strutting in front of a female counterpart, ready to show off. "Close your eyes-no peaking!" He added as Ace slowly closed her eyes, "Now-empty your mind of everything."

"Jeez-close my eyes, empty my mind?" Asked Ace, "Sounds like you're about to murder me or something, farm boy."

"Of course not."

For a moment, there was nothing. The faint sounds of the woodlands hummed in the air, Ace could hear a small bug buzzing nearby as well as the steady sound of Luke's breathing. Her heart beating faster with anticipation, she began to fidget rather nervously. Opening her mouth to ask a question, Ace began to form the words on the tip of her tongue when-

Ace?

     Ace shrieked loudly, her eyes flying open as her hands flew up to cover her mouth. Staring right back at her was Luke, his eyebrows furrowed together as he looked on at her in slight concern, but also slight amusement.

     "Was that-was that you?" Asked Ace breathlessly, unable to comprehend what just happened.

     He nodded slowly.

     It's me-Luke. Are you okay?

     "Just a little surprised." Ace admitted, stunned beyond belief as her head spun.

     You can respond without opening your mouth you know. Silently, in you head.

     "How?"

     Just think of whatever you want to say.

     "But then-" Ace frowned now, another disturbing thought entering her mind. "Then would you be able to read any of my thoughts?" Her heart began to beat even faster.

     If Luke could read her mind then there was a chance he could find out that Ace... Shaking her head, Ace tried to dispel that idea as fast as she could, she couldn't risk thinking about that now!

     "I guess." Shrugged Luke nonchalantly before panicking as he watched Ace's face crumple. "But I won't-not without your permission!"

     "Okay." Said Ace uncertainly, giving him him a a tentative smile. "If you promise."

     They were closer than ever now. He was so close that, if Ace dared to look away from his sparkling eyes, she'd be able to make out all of his perfect imperfections. She'd see the remains of the soft scarring of the Wampa, the tiny dip in his chin would become magnified. His breath fanned her neck, it was warm and Ace couldn't help but have her eyes dart to his lips and then she quickly looked back up again.

     "I promise."

     Can you still hear me?

     "Yeah." Ace said tentatively, growing fat too comfortable but nervous with their situation. "I mean-"

     I can hear you, farm boy.

Thought I'd put in some cute stuff between Luke and Ace before they leave Dagobah, I'm trying to really build up to the moment where they finally come together, which will be soon :))))

But something... unexpected is going to happen right after, so be on the look out for that and also please don't kill me when I do it

Hope this chapter wasn't too boring, it was pretty short, but I didn't want to have them arrive and leave Dagobah in just two chapters, I want to extend it out. Ace also doesn't have very many interactions with Yoda, none at all, so, in case you're wondering why, it's because she's not a Jedi and therefore Yoda's not interested in her. He's more caught up with Luke's training then worrying about some girl Luke brought along with him.

Thank you so much for reading, I'll see you all in the next chapter!!'

-HotDoNotTouch