"free us or die."

I think this is the longest chapter I've ever published for this book, so enjoy!

          A massive sail barge floated across the desert, followed by two smaller skiffs. Riding as if he were a sultan, Jabba the Hutt sat upon the largest one like a king, his entourage of creepy and monstrous aliens all laughing loudly, drinking, and eating, all having a good time as if it were some sort of party. Meanwhile, on one of the skiffs stood the prisoners, Luke, Han, and Chewie, all about to walk off to their death while the smallest ship, the second skiff had several guards on it.

     Music pounded into Ace's ears as she sat, barely sweating in the hot, desert sun, making her, for once, thankful for the lack of clothing. Sitting a good ways from Jabba, as far as she leash would let her, she didn't want to look at Han and Luke as Leia was doing from out the window.

     A familiar beeping noise reached her ears and Ace grinned as Artoo glided out through the crowd of partygoers, a large tray filled with drinks around his head.

    "Oh, Artoo," breathed out Ace, wrapping her hands around her legs as she glanced down at the skiff with the prisoners worriedly, "We always get out of messes... but I don't know about this one-Artoo, what're we gonna do?"

     The droid hummed nonchalantly.

     "Yes, well-"

     Threepio came stumbling out of the crowd, nearly tripping over Artoo in the process and the smaller droid let out a heavy string of expletives.

     "Oh, I'm terribly sor-" began Threepio before realizing he had only kicked Artoo, "Artoo!" He exclaimed, looking slightly relieved and happy to see his friend, "What're you doing here?"

     Artoo beeped a quick reply, Ace watching the reunion with a faint smile.

     "Well, I can see you're serving drinks," Threepio said huffily, "but this place is dangerous. Their going to execute Master Luke and, if we are not careful, us. Isn't that right, Miss. Solo?"

     "Oh, I don't doubt it." Said Ace cheerily. "But we'll get out of this mess... right?" She added, glancing nervously at Artoo.

     Artoo whistled a sing song response, clearly still not worried.

     "Hmm," Threepio frowned heavily, considering the droids words before shaking his head, "I wish I had your confidence."

     The convoy continued to move up and over a an enormous sandpit where the Sarlaac rested. The sail boat stopped on the edge of it, as did the guard skiff, but the prisoner skiff hovered right dead center in it, for everyone to watch. A low rumble could be hear from the pit but Ace couldn't make out the Sarlaac as the plank extended from the prisoner skiff.

     Jabba tugged Ace over to the rail where she joined him and Leia, standing as close to Leia as she could, who looked just as worried as she did.

     "You really think Luke is going to get us out of this?" Mumbled Ace quietly, with a nervous glance at Jabba, hoping he wouldn't hear her. However, he looked to busy instructing Threepio to announce something, with the whole of the intergalactic pirates aboard his ship beginning to quiet down.

     "Sure he can." Leia told her, but she looked just as doubtful as Ace was.

     More worried than ever, Ace's hands gripped the railing of the ship so tightly that her knuckles turned white as she looked on at the prison skiff, just barely able to make out Luke, Han, and Chewie.