4:37 pm - 180130

Today was a good day. 

You got off school early. You had no homework that needed to be done today. You even had the whole house to yourself. At least, until your brother returned from whatever party he was going to after school. The girl he had a crush is probably going there too. Maybe the party was going to be at her house. No wonder he took so long to get ready in the morning.

You slowly went up the stairs and into your room. Dropping your bag on the floor, you quickly sat down at your desk and switched your laptop on. 

Has he replied yet?

18/01/30

mr kookie to meplus:
thanks for your reminder, child. gramps is very forgetful so he forgot.
now i'm sick.

You laughed. 

Since he wasn't online yet, you decided to reply to his message before looking for someone to chat with. A few of your other internet friends were also online.

18/01/30

meplus to mr kookie:
grampsssss
i reminded u cos i knew u would forget ;)
how r u tho

You stared at the black dot beside his name for a little while. A beep from your laptop snapped out you of it. One of your friends from outside Korea was online too. You clicked on the private chatroom she left open for just the two of you.

You chatted with her about the usual things - about school, about family. It was only when she mentioned a new boy she liked, that she asked if you had anyone you were interested in. 

You leaned your chin on your palm and hummed while thinking. Maybe Ye-jun from Chemistry? Ye-jun was the third best thing you had to a crush. The second best thing would be the student council president. Or maybe that didn't count. Even the other boys and the teachers had some sort of crush on him too.

You told this to your friend. As usual, she keeps egging you on to ask Ye-jun out, or even give him some indication of your interest. As usual, it doesn't work. She excuses herself for dinner after a half hour of trying and failing to get you to admit something more promising than 'Ye-jun is a bit cute'.

Just as the green dot next to your friend's name goes black, another black dot turns green.

Your laptop beeps.

18/01/30

mr kookie to meplus:
how kind of u, child. gramps is very touched!! ;)
i'm a bit feverish but it's nothing too bad. i still went to school today.

meplus to mr kookie:
poor grampsssss
sick people should rest at home
did u have something important to do in school today?

mr kookie to meplus:
yea, my mom said the same thing
sorry, haha
i had a practice game today with another high school
couldn't skip or i'd risk the wrath of my coach

meplus to mr kookie:
gramps has such dedication
but sleep early tonight cos u r sick
take meds too
what sport do u play

mr kookie to meplus:
yes, child. gramps will rest well tonight. ;)
badminton
what about u?

meplus to mr kookie:
rest well but don't rest in peace yet
this child will miss u ;))
hey u play the same sport as my brother
i'm on the track team hehehe

You keep exchanging messages back and forth with him, until he also excuses himself for dinner. Him leaving the site to have dinner prompts you to check the time. To your dismay, it was almost 8 pm and you haven't had dinner yet.

You went to the window and looked at the convenience store at the building two streets down. You felt too lazy to put on your shoes so you settled for calling delivery pizza instead. Since your parents weren't around, you should be fine if you eat the whole box. Your brother could finish up the last slice or so when he got back from the party.

After dinner, you took a bath and did some advance reading for tomorrow's classic literature lesson. You always found the stories interesting but the language never failed to confuse you. About an hour in, you checked the time. You mentally slapped yourself when the clock read 11:12 pm.

18/01/30

meplus to mr kookie:
remember to take ur vitamins and meds tomorrow gramps ;)