Zack Merrick | You're Scared of the Dark

You were watching Meet The Parents with Zack and was laughing at a funny scene, when you noticed Zack looking at you.

You looked at him and smiled. "Why are you staring at me?"

"Because you're beautiful."

I felt my cheeks go red and turned my attention back to the TV, and hopefully away from me, when all the lights went out and the TV turned off.

You tensed and came closer to Zack casually, trying to seem like you weren't scared of the dark, but failing.

"Are you scared of the dark?"

"No" you said, not wanting to let him know that you actually were.

He believed you. "I'll go get some candles from upstairs," he said, getting up from the couch.

"No! I mean, um, we'll probably be fine without them."

He raised an eyebrow. "Are you sure you're not scared of the dark?"

You sighed. "Fine, I am."

He laughed and sat back down on the couch, wrapping an arm around you and holding you close to him.

As the time went on and the lights didn't turn back on, you started to get more anxious. "Can you actually get the candles from upstairs? Be fast though."

He smiled at you. "I'll try to." He got up from the couch and went upstairs.

After a while though, he still hadn't come back and you were getting more scared. You watched the way the lights danced outside the window, casting shadows on the wall.

Why was he taking so long, you thought anxiously. You started to feel panicked and were on the verge on tears when you saw Zack and relaxed a little.

He lit the candles and sat down beside you on the couch. "Sorry for taking so long, I couldn't find the candles."

"It's OK." You came close to him again and he wrapped his arm around you protectively, trying to make you feel safe. You lay your head on his shoulder and closed your eyes.

He sang A Drop In The Ocean to you softly until you fell asleep.

Then he carried you upstairs, laid you down on your shared bed and laid down beside you. He kissed your forehead and whispered "I love you" and went to sleep.