Austin Carlile | Your Parents Have an Argument

You picked up your iPod from your bed and plugged your earphones into your ears and played your favorite song by Of Mice And Men, You're Not Alone. You always listened to that song when your parents were having a argument. It made you feel safe and like you weren't alone. Austin told you to just listen to his music whenever your parents were having an argument.

*Flashback*

"Austin," you said, almost crying into the phone, "they're fighting again."

"Do you want me to come over and get you?"

"No, it's fine," you said, not wanting to bother him.

"Are you sure? 'Cause I can just come over and get you."

You hesitated before saying, "I'm sure."

"OK, well just block it put. Listen to my music, especially to You're not alone. Because you're not. I'll always be here for you. You can call me whenever you need me.

"OK."

"Promise me."

"I promise."

*End Of Flashback*

Since you promised him that you'd call him if you needed him, you unplugged your earphones and picked up your phone. Listening to his music usually helped, but this time it didn't. This time you needed him." You dialed his number and put your phone to your ear, waiting to hear his voice on the other end.

After a few seconds of hearing the dial tone, you heard his voice on the other end.

"What's wrong?" He asked, sensing something was wrong, since you never called him this late unless it was something important.

"They're fighting again. It's a big argument," you said flinching as you heard something being thrown against the wall.

You hesitated before asking "Can you pick me up?"

"Of course. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"OK."

He ended the call and you went over to the window to wait for him. Soon, you saw his car and grabbed a sweater and stuffed a few of your belongings into a backpack. You walked quietly down the stairs, past where your parents were and went to the door. You opened it and went outside, shutting it quietly behind you. You walked to Austin's car, opening the passenger door and sitting down beside him.

He turned to look at you. "You OK?"

You turned away to face the window, feeling tears stinging your eyes. "I'm fine."

"It'll be ok, Y/N," you heard him say before putting the car in gear and driving back to his house.

When you got to his house, you got out of his car and walked to the door. He opened it and you both went inside, him shutting the door behind the both of you.

You sat down on his couch and wrapped your arms around your knees.

He went over to you and sat down beside you. He wrapped an arm around you and pulled you gently against him. You buried your face into the crook of his neck.

You tried to hold in your tears, but couldn't. You felt a tear roll down your face and onto his shirt. "I'm sorry," you mumbled.

"It's fine, Y/N, don't worry about it."

You sniffled and cried some more.

He rubbed your back, until you stopped crying. He kissed your forehead softly. "Things will get better, trust me."

"How do you know?"

"I just know. Even if your parents break up, things always get better and I'll always be here for you. Now don't worry about it anymore, OK? I'll put in your favorite movie and we can watch it together and try to forget about what happened today."

You nodded.

He got up and put in Zoolander since it was your favorite movie and always made you laugh.

Soon, you had forgotten about your parents and were having a fun time watching and laughing at the movie with Austin.

When the movie ended, Austin looked down at you and saw that you were sleeping. He carried you upstairs and lay you down on his bed. He laid down beside you and kissed your forehead. "Goodnight, sweetheart. I love you," he whispered to you before turning off the lamp and going to sleep beside you.