David Schmitt | You're a Bookworm

You were laying in bed, caught up in the book you were reading when you heard the bedroom door open and finished the sentence you were reading before looking up to see David putting his bags down.

"Oh, you're back already?"

"Already? It's almost 12 o'clock."

You put your bookmark in your book and put it down on the bed. "It is?"

"Yeah, I was out with the guys for about 5 hours. Were you reading since I left?"

You thought back and vaguely remembered saying by to David, not really paying attention, your head in your book. "I guess so."

He chuckled and put on his pajamas, getting into bed beside you. "I don't even know how you can read for so long. You didn't even realize what time it was."

"It's addicting."

He smiled and curled an arm around you, picking up your book from the bed.

"The Butterfly Effect?" He asked, reading the title. "Haven't you already read this one about 20 times already?"

"It's my favorite book."

"I can tell." He put the book down on the night stand beside him and kissed your forehead. "I love you, you know?"

You felt yourself smile and felt overwhelmed with happiness, which was how you always felt when David told you that he loved you. "I know. I love you too."

"Forever?"

"Forever," you said, cuddling close to him as he switched off the lamp on the night stand and you both went to sleep.