Derek Sanders | You Break up with Your Boyfriend

You were sitting on your bed and studying for the math exam you had the next day when your phone started ringing. You reached over and picked up your phone from your night stand, smiling as you saw your boyfriend, Max's, name on the screen. You accepted the call and put your phone to your ear.

"Hi Y/N." He didn't sound happy like he usually did, so you immediately knew something was wrong.

"Hi, what's wrong Max?"

"I'm sorry."

"What happened?" You asked, nervously.

"I have to break up with you, Y/N. I'm so sorry."

"What? Why?"

"My friends don't like the idea of us being together."

"So you're just going to break up with me? Just like that?"

"I'm really sorry."

"We've been together for over a year, Max."

"I know, I have to go, but hopefully we can still be friends?"

"No, screw you, Max, you said before ending the call.

You felt tears come to your eyes and picked up your phone again, dialing Derek. You listened to the dial tone for a few seconds before he picked up the phone.

"Y/N? What's wrong?"

"Max...he broke up with me."

"He didn't deserve you, Y/N."

"We've been together for over a year and he broke up with me just because his friends didn't like us being together!"

"He was stupid and didn't deserve you. You want me to come over and you can talk about it?"

"But...it's 3 in the morning.

"I don't care, you need someone right now."

"OK, if you're sure it's OK with you."

"It is, I'll be there soon." He ended the call and ten minutes later, he was knocking on the door.

You went downstairs and opened the door to see him standing in the doorway in jeans and a hoodie.

"I'm sorry for making you come."

"It's fine, don't worry. I'm the one who offered to come over." He stepped into your house and shut the door behind him. He looked at your tear streaked face and wrapped an arm around you, leading you upstairs and into your room.

For the next half hour you told him about what had happened and the relationship that you had with Max.

When you felt a little better, Derek squeezed your shoulders gently. "It'll be OK, Y/N. You'll find another guy who deserves you more than he did."

"How do you know?"

"You're beautiful, smart, talented and have a great personality. Any guy would be lucky to have you. Anyways, I'll always be here for you. I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Derek."

"No, I love you. Not just as a friend."

"You love me? Not just as a friend?"

He nodded, nervously. "Yes."

You smiled. Well, I love you too. Not just as a friend also."

"It hurt me a lot seeing you being with that asshole, Max. He didn't deserve you. I'll never hurt you like he did," he promised you, kissing you softly.