Chapter 24

Quote:
"We need radical curiosity and reverent pranks, voracious listening and ferocious thanks."

Chapter 24
Andrea's pov

I'm never really been a morning person. The idea of waking up after having a long, comfortable sleep just scares me. Especially If it's during the middle of a dream, that's the worst thing that could ever happen to a person. But today I didn't mind waking up early. Today was my favrouite day of the year, November 25th.

Today was the school's annual prank day.

Some people wait all year round for their birthday, Christmas or maybe even the school's spring formal, but I wait around all year for this very day it's the only day I can do what I like and not get in trouble for it.

The school's prank day had started five years back when I was in my last year of middle school. Some guys from the football team and the basketball team had decided to prank the headmistress at the time by swapping the entire senior year with another school. They had also written 'honk if your horny' at the back of her car and let's just say she didn't break her leg on purpose if you know what I mean.

Ever since this tradition was invented I had always wondered what it would feel like to carry out a prank on such a huge scale so since the past three years I have been the reigning prankster at my school. The best part is that the board had allowed the school to have this day as it would allow us to be creative and the attendance is quite high on prank day.

Last year I had filled all the swimming pools with red dye, had broken the Dean's intercom so we were able to hear what he was saying, which in my opinion came to use when I used to fail my exams but an imaginary 'A' used to appear on my report card and I had also replaced Rhianna's perfume with dog saliva. Don't ask me how I got that, I found a dude online.

However, this year was going to be epic. I had everything in place all I had to do was make sure that everything goes smoothly and doesn't fail.

Within ten minutes, I had showered, got changed and made my bed. I'm one of those people that if my bed isn't made I just can't concentrate on anything else. I'm not OCD like some people are but I am quite organized.

I quickly grabbed by duffle bag which contained all the equipment I needed and opened the curtains to let some sunlight in.

"Fucking hell!" I cover my eyes as the light shines through.

"I knew I was a god but I'm not that blinding." Zach says quickly removing his shirt.

My eyes flutter to the muscles flexing making him look God-Damn drool worthy. That was until his abdomen was covered with his shirt.

"Yo Andrea , my face is up here." He clicks his fingers causing my focus to shift to his sculptures face."You prepared for today?" He asks.

"Kinda, but I'm sorta nervous." I say honestly.

I don't know when Zach and I had really reached that level of friendship where I was straight up with him and just told him the truth. But despite that, I don't think we've reached that level of friendship where I can tell him about my dad.

Sometimes I think that what if my dad didn't leave me? What if he actually stayed? Perhaps I wouldn't be who I am today, perhaps I wouldn't have these scars which define me.

"Andrea!" Zach pulls me out of my thoughts.

"Huh?" Was my only response.

"Are you okay?" He seemed worried." You zoned out again.".