The Visitor (18)

Chace Crawford as Adam bc DAYUMMMMMMMMMMMMM SON

GABBY

It's the Monday after the party where I saw Leo and I am equal parts hungover and distraught. He looked good--better than ever. He looked happy. How did he look so happy?

"Guess what?" Camille pipes in. She's dangling her long legs off her junior loft bed and looking up at me with doe eyes, her phone in her hands. "Brett and I finally had sex. And afterward, he told me that he could be falling in love with me."

"Camille, you know that I love you and Brett together and I want you to get married and have beautiful children." I shift over to face her.

"But..." Camille rolls her eyes. "There's a but, isn't there."

I give her a humorless smile. "But isn't it just the slightest bit odd that he said he could be falling in love with you after you guys had sex? Like couldn't it be the hormones talking? You know, from the ejaculation?"

"First of all, ew. And you wouldn't understand." Camille sighs. "You're still practically a virgin--you've only ever been with Adam and he said that he loved you before sex."

"I just think love is supposed to come before the sex, not after." I pretend that I'm not offended by her comment, but I slightly am. Little does she know that my body count is two, not one. Instantly, shame fills me. I told Adam that I was a virgin the first time we had sex. He believed me. I got away with it because I told him my hymen broke horseback riding when I was fourteen, which was true, I think. I don't remember seeing blood when I lost my virginity to Leo, then again I hadn't really checked...

"No, Gabs, he didn't say he loved me just to get me into bed, you know? He said it afterward. He'd already gotten it and he still said he loved me. That's more special, in my opinion. No offense."

"None taken." I lie. More and more lately, Camille has been getting on my nerves. "So, Adam is coming over later..." I hint, and my best friend takes the bait. 

"I'll be out of here. Look at you go, you sexy minx. Get it!"

"Shut up." I giggle, a blush spreading to my cheeks. 

"Do you love him?" Camille waggles her eyebrows. She has good intentions, I know, but my smile drops. "Oh. Shit." Camille frowns, swiveling herself around so that she's sitting upright and is able to face me. "You don't?"

"It's not that I don't." I frown, furrowing my brow. "I mean...I don't know. I've said it to him but only after he said it first. It was kind of like the expected thing to do."

"Oh, honey." Camille rests her chin on her palm, making a tsk tsk noise. 

"What?" My voices raises slightly in pitch.

"Just...no." Is all Camille says. She grabs her laptop and shoves it in a bag along with some clothes and a toothbrush. "I'm staying with my guy tonight. Don't wait up. Ciao!"

She's out of the room before I have a chance to respond. I shake my head, wondering what she meant. Was I not supposed to say it back if I wasn't sure? That seemed a bit harsh and Adam surely would have ended things with me if I didn't say it back. I didn't want to lose him. I still don't want to lose him. 

My phone pings and I look down. It's a text from Adam informing me that he'll be over in an hour. Perfect. I'm feeling rather guilty so this could be the perfect opportunity to ease my conscience. I rush over to one of my drawers and find the sexiest piece of lingerie I own. It's a black one piece that leaves very little to the imagination.

Once I've got it on I put on red lipstick to make my full mouth pop. I still fifty minutes so I re-curl some of my hair to give it a sexy just out of bed look. I look in the full-length mirror we have on our door and am satisfied with the final look. I climb back into bed and wait for the text. I have some time to kill. Adam shouldn't be here for another thirty minutes. 

There's a knock on my door. I smile, hopping out of bed and walking to the door with a little pep in my step. He's here early! 

I position myself in a sexy pose, leaning against the wall and making sure every part of me is visible. I look down at the ground and bite my lip, slowly looking up at him through my lashes.

"I've been waiting for y--Leo?"

"If I'd known you lounge around like this, I'd visit more often."

A/N: Sorry, leaving it on kind of a cliffhanger but whateves. It's short but I figured I'd do shorter chapters and update more frequently as opposed to longer ones that take forever for me to upload. Thoughts, comments, vote please and share! it motivates me to keep writing as you know :)))