Calm Before the Storm (20)

unedited. wrote the first part when I was half asleep but too lazy to fix the errors. sry. I'm gonna try to get this story back on track bc i get sidetracked too much and then there is a lot going on. I'm gonna try to stick with three main plot points rn. I think that once you read this chap you will be able to see the 3 main things im gonna focus on from now on. anywho hope this doesnt completely suck. it probably does but oh well. ill revise once i finish the book. Sorry for taking so long to update. 

As always comment, vote, share, and give me feedback! i am far more motivated to write longer, better chappys when I have a lot of readers and a lot of feedback. keep that in miiiindddddddd. u guys r the best!!!

GABBY

"Spring break is just a few days away!" Janice squeals over the phone. "I am so, so excited to see you!"

"You see me so often!" I giggle. "Seriously, like every other week!"

"That's not long enough." She laughs. "I get you for a whole nine days."

"Speaking of..." I bite my lip. "Do we know where we're going yet?"

"As a matter of fact, we do! Mrs. Hamilton has been so generous as to invite us back to her house in the Hamptons!"

I nearly drop my phone. The Hamptons? "Will...Leo be there?" Maybe he is going to Cancun with his friends or some shit. That would be preferable to him being there. Where I could find myself alone with him...

"I think so! His mother said something about him coming a little later so that he can do something with his fraternity brothers for a bit, but he should only miss two days or so. Why do you ask?"

"No reason." I lie, "just because I thought that maybe Haley and Bianca wouldn't want to see him..." 

"That's considerate of you, baby. But I think they'll be fine. They can resist his charms."

I'm not so sure, but I chuckle into the phone anyway. "Right, well...I'll let you go. I love you and I miss you!"

"One last thing, hun. Your mother was invited. As was Kurt--"

"Kurt's back?" I interject, clutching the phone so hard the tips of my fingers turn red. Kurt originally came back for a week after he was shipped off for a few days because of the Haley incident but then he was shipped off again to some boarding school. I know it was hard on Janice, so she must be ecstatic that he's home. I, on the other hand, am not pleased.

"Yes..." She begins, hesitantly. "Your father and I decided it was time we give him another chance. It's been long enough that he and Haley can be friends again. We are trusting them to know their boundaries."

"If you think that's the right move..." I trail off. "Hey, wait. Did you say mom was coming to the Hamptons as well?" Warning bells go off in my head. Janice and my mother do not get along, not because Janice is the new wife, but because of how my mother treated me as a young girl. "We aren't all driving in the same car, right?"

Janice giggles. "Your mother and I have an agreement, sweetheart. We're trying to be friends."

I cover my mouth to stifle the snort I make. "That's great!" I use fake cheer. No way does this last. "Is Daddy coming?"

"He may show up later in the week, but you know how he gets...busy man!" Janice sounds as disappointed as I feel. Daddy does a great job providing for us, but sometimes that is at the expense of our relationship. 

"Alright. Well, I'll let you go. Love you, Janice."

"Love you more. Remember to pack. We leave in three days!"