Truth or Dare (22)

IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END

Gabby

"Truth or dare?" Kurt smiles at me like a predator would a prey. I shake my head, knowing that either option is going to be undesirable. As I contemplate my response, I look around the bonfire at the people surrounding me. To my left is Bianca. Her cheeks are slightly red due to a little too much sun, but she looks like a movie star nonetheless. Her long hair falls past her dainty shoulders and ends right by her tiny daisy dukes. To my right is Kurt, clad in nothing but a pair of swim trunks. He's gotten muscular but still has far to go to be anywhere close to the same realm of attractiveness as Leo or Adam. I shake my head--why am I thinking about either of them? Across from me is Haley, sitting in the lap of some boy we met on the beach earlier today. I've been noticing the way that Kurt and her exchange glances as she rubs herself against the stranger and I feel familiar suspicion sink back into the deepest pits of my stomach. There's another boy sandwiched between her and Bianca--he's cute but looks miserable. 

"Dare." I shrug. I'd rather not reveal any secrets to Kurt. Especially not when Haley is present and shooting me daggers like she's waiting for me to slip up.

"I dare you to make out with Pete for a full twenty seconds." Kurt gives me a devilish grin before leaning his head back and taking a big gulp of beer. 

Haley looks furious but the boy she is sitting on, Pete, doesn't seem like he minds very much. He gently guides Haley off of his lap and in the corner of my eyes I see Kurt grin. Was that his plan?

"Who am I to get in the way of someone completing their dare?" Pete gives me a wicked grin. 

I take three sips of my beer so I'm buzzed enough to brave it out and make out with the guy. It's not that he's bad looking--he's actually very handsome. With a deep tan and piercing blue eyes, some might even consider him gorgeous. I can't stop comparing him to Leo though, and then I just feel guilty for not comparing him to Adam instead. 

To get out of my head for once and live in the moment, I stumble over to Pete and crush my lips to his. He immediately responds, putting his hands on my hips and deepening the kiss. I should be enjoying it, Pete certainly isn't the worst kisser in the world, but all I can do is count down the seconds until his lips no longer need to be on mine. 

"--twenty!" Kurt howls with laughter as if watching us kiss is a comedy skit. "That was great."

"I disagree." Someone says from behind me. As soon as I hear the voice, goosebumps cover every single inch of my flesh. I know that voice by heart. Slowly, I turn around. There he is, Leo Hamilton in flesh and blood. Next to him stands his cousin, Aaron whom I haven't seen in quite a while. Both boys are staring at me. 

"What are you doing here?" I stammer, looking to Bianca and Kurt for assistance. But they don't know about me and Leo, not really. They're clueless--all of them. 

"I came back early." Leo says, but there's a sharpness to his tone that I'm not sure I like. "Not sure if that was the best decision, but it's one I have to live with. I see you're having fun, though." He glares at me disapprovingly and anger courses through my bloodstream. 

"Yes, we are having fun playing truth or dare." I practically spit. 

"Truth or dare?" Aaron grins mischievously. "Do you mind if Leo and I join? I do love this game."

"Sure!" Bianca chimes in, obviously drunk. "The more the merrier!"

"Wait!" Kurt proclaims. "You both have to pick your stakes to insure that you do every truth or dare given to you. For example, my stake is 10,000 dollars. Bianca's stake is her new prada bag. Pete's stake is his helicopter. What will yours be?"