Spring Break (21)

GABBY

"Remind me again why mom thought it was a good idea for her and Janice to drive together and have all four of us in a car together?" Bianca moans from the passenger seat, cradling her head in her palms.

"Drama queen." Haley and I both snort from the back seat. We immediately shoot one another a glare and look out opposite windows.

Kurt honks at the driver in front of us and Bianca whacks him in the head, muttering something about traffic being 'no one's fault' and Kurt being an 'inconsiderate twat.' He flips her off and turns on the radio. I have no objection, it's not like we were having a life-changing conversation. Bianca and I have barely spoken since school started. She's always been a bit of a stranger to me and probably always will be. Haley and I were super close until the Kurt thing. And Kurt just straight up ignores me. He used to, at least. Since the three hours I've been back with him, he's been nothing but polite and courteous to me. He doesn't seem to hold a grudge. And he avoids Haley like the plague, as he should.

"How're things with Harry?" I ask Bianca, raising my voice a little so that she can hear me over Kurt's obnoxious rap music. Bianca's latest boy toy, and her longest one yet, is the perfect boy next door. That means Bianca is acting normal as opposed to adopting yet another fake persona because she is regularly the epitome of 'girl next door' anyway. I think that if I want her to last with anyone, it's Harry.

"They're good." Bianca blushes from the front seat. "They're great, actually. I think he might propose."

"What?" Haley leans forward in her seat, forgetting that she's supposed to be pouting. "No shit? Aren't you guys a bit young?"

"When you know, you know." Bianca turns to face us and nibbles on her bottom lip absentmindedly. "And I know. I love him."

"Well, shit!" I grin. Haley and I both smile at one another before remembering who we are and what our relationship is. "Can I be the maid of honor?"

"Fuck no." Haley frowns. "Pick me!"

"Both of you." Bianca smiles. "If we get married. And if you two can stop trying to claw each other's eyes out. Seriously, it's getting old. Kurt's moved past the incident." Kurt accidentally swerves the car in response, letting out a choking noise. Bianca raises a perfectly plucked brow at him before turning back around to face us.

"Bianca!" Haley squeals, turning tomato red. "Shut up about it!"

"Nope. I'm addressing the elephant in the room. Or in this case, the car. We're spending a week together in the Hamptons and I am sick of this awkward bullshit dynamic you're both living. Kurt, you've gotten over it, right?"

"Do you have to bring me into this?" Kurt moans, "I want peace."

"Too bad." Bianca winks at him. "Do you hold a grudge against Gabby?"

Kurt meets my eyes in the rearview mirror. "No." He says and I believe him. "I mean, I did at first. I hated you. No offense, Gabby."

"Little taken." I laugh awkwardly.

"But then I realized that if you hadn't stopped it then, everything would have gotten worse. We'd have been caught one way or another. I'm just glad it wasn't by someone who couldn't keep a secret. Gabby kept it confidential and that means a lot."

"Did she though?" Haley mutters under her breath. I shoot her a nasty look.

"I've learned a lot from the experience." Kurt continues, oblivious to Haley's nasty remark. "And I think I'm better off for what happened."

"Yeah." Haley chimes in. "He even has a girlfriend now. Did you guys know that?"

"No shit!" Bianca exclaims, punching Kurt in the arm and causing him to swerve a bit. He shoots her a glare, but it's playful.