The 'L' Word (24)

A/N: FAIR WARNING, this chapter is trash and this book is lowkey trash. I intend on going back and reading it and editing it, maybe adding some stuff or removing some stuff because I really feel as if this is amateur (which it is) as this is my first book. I knew when I started writing this the general idea of where I wanted this to go, but I have improv'd pretty much everything and not really reread sooooooo fuck...also sorry if it has been pretty long since my last update, have been on vacation and lowkey moody :')

GABBY

"We're back at the estate." I give Leo a sideways grin because this is such a Leo thing to do--take me to his house for a date. 

"Now, don't think I'm lazy, I have the perfect date here. Just because it's at the house doesn't mean that I don't have a few tricks up my sleeve."

He grabs my hand and entangles it with his. We walk to the front door, though I feel more as though I'm floating. This is what Heaven must feel like, or something close to it. With the boy you love...wait. Fuck, no. I don't love Leo, what the fuck am I thinking? Why am I getting so sappy? I force my mind to go elsewhere, away from any single thought about love. I'm happy right now, that's all that matters. Any other emotions can be dealt with at a later time.

We make it to the house without ripping the other's clothes off which I am both surprised and proud of. He leads me to the dining room, guiding me by placing his palm on the small of my back. I gasp when I see what he's done, there's a buffet of Mexican food before us surrounded by candles and flowers. 

"My favorite food." I half moan, eyeing the tacos. 

"I know." He gives me a grin before pulling out a chair for me. He moves around the table with a swiftness and gracefulness that I almost envy before plopping himself down directly across from me. We both silently make our plates--I fill mine up with tacos because they look amazing. He fills his up with meat and salad, a perfectly Leo kind of meal.

We eat in silence for a while, every now and then making eye contact and 'accidentally' brushing legs. Finally, he gets a napkin and wipes his mouth before clearing his throat. 

"I liked you from the first moment I saw you, Gabby. But when I started to really like you, it began in this room. You were sitting at the table with my mom and your family and I had that girl on my arm, though I've forgotten her name. My mother chewed her out and she cried but all I could focus on was you. When we left, and you don't know this, but when we left I sent her away and went to my room. All I could think about was you for the rest of the night and that scared the fuck out of me, to be honest. I couldn't understand why I couldn't get you out of my mind. I had it set in my mind that you weren't my type and then all of the sudden you...just...you were. So here we are, back where it all began, where I started to think about you and haven't stopped since."

"Who knew you were such a romantic?" I joke because my heart is constricting and my pulse is racing. 

"You bring it out in me." He grins and gives me a sexy smile. 

"You practice that speech?"

"Only once or twice."

"I love you." I blurt and I immediately want to punch myself or die in a hole or maybe both. What the fuck did I just say? Why the fuck did I just say that? I hold my breath, waiting for him to tell me that he doesn't feel the same way. That it was fun while it lasted but that guys like him don't end up with girls like me. That he deserves someone better. But he grins. Leans forward in his seat, puts my small hands in his large ones. Looks me in the eyes. Says, "I love you too."

And I come undone.

LEO

I didn't see this date ending up in my bedroom, honest to God, I didn't. I'm not complaining that it did, though. 

Gabby is curled up beside me, writing something with her finger on my chest. We're both covered in sweat but I'm too happy right now to leave her here for a shower. God, when did I become such a chick? I can't keep the shit eating grin off my face. I've got the best girl in the world beside me in bed despite everything that I've put her through. She's amazing for forgiving me. If I were her, I don't know if I could have. Fuck, though, if I'm not happy that she did. I am beyond grateful. I am fucking overjoyed to have this naked, gorgeous girl beside me. 

"Want to shower?" Gabby looks up at me with her big eyes and gives me a shy smile. "...Together?"

"You don't even have to ask. Yes. The answer is always yes." I grin, turning to face her. I look her up and down. Her body is so natural and pure. It's not the stereotypical body that I'd been brainwashed to perceive as beautiful but damn it if it isn't beautiful to me. I want to memorize every curve and touch every inch of skin. I wrap my arms around her and pull her towards me so that the heat of our bodies radiate off one another. I put a finger under her chin and lift her face to mine. Our lips meet, soft and slow at first but soon it grows rougher, more passionate. She runs her fingers through my hair as I lower my mouth to her neck and begin to suck on it gently, marking her as mine. She lets out a sigh and that's all of the incentive that I need for round two. I pull away from her touch for a second so that I can ask, "can we...?" I don't even need to finish the question because she's nodding into my chest, her hands all over my body. I grin at her eagerness, wondering how she can be so shy but also so outgoing. I roll over to my nightstand, scanning my condom collection to find one that is suitable for the both of us. Gabby is allergic to latex so I have to be careful with my selection. 

I hear a knock on my door and I freeze in place. Who could that be? My mother and Gabby's family aren't supposed to be back from brunch for another hour. It's my mother's voice though, clear as day, as she asks to come in. She knocks once more but doesn't wait for an answer this time before barging in. At the sight of Gabby and I in bed, she lets out a tiny shriek. Of course this alerts the others in the house and they all come rushing to her aide only to spot me and Gabby in bed together. They let out noise as well. Gabby shrieks back at them, struggling to cover herself with blankets. 

"Get the fuck out!" I roar, helping Gabby to cover herself. 

My demand seems to break everyone out of their trances because they all quickly exit and shut the door. Gabby lets out a sob and screams into the nearest available pillow. "God!" She moans in exasperation. "I'm never going to hear the end of this! I'm humiliated!"

"Hey, it's okay." I slip my arms around her and pull her close to me so that she can cry into me. "Gabby, seriously, it's fine."

"No, it isn't!" She wails.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. Take a deep breath, okay?"

She nods, still letting out tiny sobs, her whole body shaking with the force of them. I get being humiliated but Gabby is almost overreacting to this. What's the problem? I assume her family knew she was sexually active with Adam and all of New York knows that I'm sexually active. 

GABBY

I can't believe that were caught in the act. Not only is this humiliating and Haley will probably use it against me, but there is one other big reason why I am upset.

I can't tell Leo, he wouldn't understand and I don't want him to pick sides, but I know what I saw. When Leo's mom caught us in bed together, her face distorted to one of complete and utter disgust. Not just the kind that you get when you catch your child having sex, but a genuine disgust in general, directed towards me and me alone. She looked murderous. She looked hopeless.

She looked really and truly repulsed. 

Leo might love me, but his mother does not. 

And that scares me.