One.

The pic up top is Mckennas house.

      I put one foot in front of the other and keep my balance as I walk across a curb. I make it to the end and smile to myself as I take a sip out of the bottle of Hennessy in my hand. I've become quite the drunk lately. When I'm not working, I'm drinking. I got some waitressing job at a restaurant near my moms house. I also moved into her house. She found a new boo and she's been living with him so I pay her rent every month and she lets me live here all alone. I don't like it all that much tho, I have to walk or drive past Jahsehs to get back and fourth to work. I haven't seen or talked to him in almost eight months, yet I think about him everyday.

I sit down on the bench and look around my friendly neighbor hood park. It actually looks quite shitty but kids love it. I continue drinking my henny until it's empty then I whip the bottle into the creek. I've always wondered what would happen if there was a alligator in this damn creek and someone got eaten. That'd be a pretty fucking whack news story.

I pull myself up from the bench and stumble my way home. I need more booze. I also need some sleep but it's like three in the afternoon.

Drinking helps me forget about Jahseh. What we could've been. What we lost. I tell myself our relationship was wrong from the start but, it had always felt so right.

London and I are still best friends, she keeps me updated on Jahseh and I imagine she does the same for him. Isiah and I are still close, same with all the boys and I.

I see a human figure sitting on my doorstep as I walk up my driveway and I squint my eyes to try and see who it is. It's the famous Isiah.

"Kenn where you been?"

"Hey my guy." I smile as Isiah pulls me into a hug.

"What's new wit you?" He asks. He lets me go and looks me up and down. "You gettin thicker ma?"

I chuckle and shake my head. "You literally seen me like a week ago."

"A week too long." He winks at me.

"Wanna come in?" I ask, making my way to the door.

"Sure thing." He follows me into the house and up to my room. He sits on the bed and looks around. "Damn I haven't been in here since me, you and.. uh X visited your mom. Why get a whole new bed?"

"No just new sheets and pillows. I set the old ones on fire. They smelt like him." I mumble as I shuffle around my room. I go over to my dresser and open my oh so secretive liquor drawer.

"I get that. You know actually I need to ask you something."

"One sec. I probably need a drink before you ask." I set a glass on the dresser and fill it up with tequila. I down it in a few seconds and wipe my mouth. "Okay shoot."

"So me and London been together for a whole year and I want to throw a party for our anniversary. A surprise party for her." Isiah smiles, which causes me to smile.

"That's really sweet Isiah!" I coo.

"Thank you." He smiles at me then looks down, his smiling quickly fading away. "It would be really important to both of us if you came."

"Of course I will!" I say loudly, jumping up and down.

"But uh. It'd also be important if Jah came..." He looks at me expectantly and my body freezes.

"Isiah I don't know if-"

"It's been eight months Kenn. Y'all use to be best friends. I'm sure nothing will happen. You'll be fine and I'll supply you with enough alcohol to be fine. Please just this one night then you can go back to never seeing him again."