🌹Chapter 1🌹

🌹Asher Dixon's P.O.V🌹

I've been on my own for five years now.

Back when the apocalypse started I was only 13 years old. The day before this all started I ran away from my dad Daryl and my uncle Merle. I could never find my family so I slowly started to head up north to D.C. following the woods.

I ran away from them because I wanted to become an actor. I didn't want to be a redneck hunter like my dad and uncle. Despite all of this I still loved them dearly.

Even though I wanted to be an actor I still let my dad teach me how to hunt, shoot a crossbow and use knives. My uncle Merle also taught me how to shoot a gun. On my 13 birthday, the last one before the world got fucked up, my dad gifted me a special pink and black crossbow with a full set of matching knives. My uncle even gave me a gun that matched.

I still have every weapon my family gave me that day. Unlike my father though knives are my favorite to use while he prefers his crossbow.

My mother left me and dad when I was only 5. A few years later dad got news that she died in a car crash. Frankly I didn't care she died. She had never cared for me. Dad seemed upset about it but uncle Merle helped him through it.

I look like a mini version of my dad. The same shaggy dark hair, same face. The only two differences were I had my mom's emerald eyes and, that I dyed my hair pink when ever I can.

I tended to avoid groups. I would spy on them then quickly leave before I got caught. People generally avoided me probably because of my 6' 2" buff frame. I had muscles and I can pack a punch just like dad.

I miss my dad and uncle Merle. Every now and then I would see something that made me have hope my dad was close. I'd see things like arrows left behind or things that would just remind me of him. Once a came across a prison that looked to have been taken over at one point but it was empty so I decided to check it out.

I went into a building labeld cell block C and saw that the cells where once used as rooms. One cell in particular made me have hope I would find my family again. Inside I found an old photo of my dad, me and Merle. My dad used to keep that with him all the time even though Merle called him a pussy for it dad didn't care.

I took the photo and some of the clothes that were left behind in the cell.

Sometimes I wish I hadn't run away that day. If I hadn't run away I could still be with my family. I wonder if they hate me for leaving them.

I punch a tree. I've been walking in this forest for too long. It's getting to my head and that is never a good thing.

I start to head to the edge of the forest. I remember to say hiden but still be able to see the road. All of a sudden I hear voices.

It sounds like a big group. I slowly creep closer to the voices with my crossbow raised. I spot the group sitting around in the middle of the road. I eye each person and try and to read their personalitys. One kid in particular caught my eye. He was wearing a Sheriff's hat and looked about 15. His long brown hair covered part of his face but I could already tell he was closed off from the other members in his group. He had probably lost someone close to him.

I kept looking at the group one by one. A man looked like the kid's father so at least he had some family left. No one should be alone in a world like this especially one that's still young.

I move on a look to the man next to the kid's father and my heart stops.

Right there is my dad Daryl Dixon.

Author's note

So how was my first chapter of Roses with Thorns. I know my writing wasn't that good but I still had a fun time writing it. If you enjoyed it let me know I would love to hear you're guys' opinions. Also if I have improper grammar or misspell something please let me know and I'll fix it. Until next time love from
~Ash🌹