🌹Chapter 2🌹

🌹Asher Dixon's P.O.V🌹

The world around me seems to stop entirely as I see my dad Daryl Dixon standing in front of me. I immediately lower my crossbow and start to run towards him.

"DAD!" I yell while running to my father.

The other people in the group see me and raise their weapons but I didn't pay attention to them. I drop all my stuff and go to dad.

"Asher? Oh god Asher is that you?" Dad asks as he drops his crossbow that was previously rised.

"Yah dad it's me." Dad pulls me into a big hug. "I thought I lost you forever." He says.

"Don't worry dad nothing can kill a Dixon but a Dixon isn't that what you always said? So Is uncle Merle here too?" I ask.

"Yah he just went to look for water he should be back any minute." Dad looks me up and down "you've grown so much Asher and I see you still color your hair always one to keep up your how do you say aesthetic."

"Please don't ever say aesthetic again dad." I say. "But why?" He asks. "Cause it just sounds weird coming from you."

"Ahem" someone clears their throat. I  completely forgot the other people in this group were here staring at us. Some still even have their guns raised. I turn to see the guy who I guessed earlier was the kids dad.

"So who are you might I ask?" The man asks me. "My name is Asher my dad is Daryl we had been separated during the beginning of the apocalypse. So who are you?" I question.

"My name is Rick I'm the leader of this group and this is my son Carl." I turn to look at the kid who had just lowered his gun.

"Hi there!" I say to Carl. He just side eyes me and says nothing. "Well he seems friendly" I mutter sarcastically.

"It's been rough recently for us" Rick says, "we just lost a few of our group not too long ago."

"Oh I'm sorry to hear that." I say sympathetically.

"It's been especially hard on Carl because we recently lost his baby sister Judith when a man named the Governor attacked the prison we were staying in. Ever since we lost Judith Carl has been closed of so don't take it personally if he's cold to you."

"Did you say a prison? Cause I saw that prison and inside what I'm going to assume was your's and uncle Merle's cell dad I found the photo you always kept" I say to dad while pulling out the photo from my back pocket.

"Oh my god thank you for finding it Asher." Dad says as he takes the photo and gives me another big hug. Just then there is rustling from the tree line.

"Alright what's going on here who's the big dude hugging my baby brother." I turn to see my uncle Merle walking out of the forest with a gun raised at me. "Well hello to you too uncle Merle."

"Well I'll be damned. If it isn't my favorite little nephew that ain't so little anymore." Uncle Merle says lowering his gun.

"I'm your only nephew uncle Merle." I say. "So by default that makes you my favorite now give your favorite uncle a hug." Merle says. I go give him hug while shaking my head at his rediculousness. Merle hasn't changed a bit expect for one thing and that now he only has one hand. I decid I'll ask him to explain later.

"Alright now that the family reunion is over can we keep moving I'm tired of this sappy shit." Carl says in an annoyed tone.

"Alright kid calm down." Carl glares at me "Don't call me a kid" he says in a tone that I think is supposed to be intimating but just sounds adorable to me.

"Well you look to be about only 15 so by definition you're a kid wether you like it or not kid." I reply sassily. Carl just grumbles and walks away.

"I see you haven't lost any of your sass either." Dad says with a smirk. I roll my eyes even though it's true in fact I've probably gotten even sassier over the years.

"Alright everyone let's continue moving." Rick says.

"Where are we heading to dad?" I ask my father. "D.C." he replys.

And with that we were off.

Author's note

So what did you think of chapter 2. What did you think of Asher's reunion with his family. Carl doesn't seem to like Asher. He'll warm up to him eventually though I mean this is a xCarl story after all. Until next time love from
~Ash🌹