🌹Chapter 5🌹

🌹Asher Dixon's P.O.V🌹

I wake up to yelling and abunch of other loud noises. I open my eyes to find out it's still dark and raining, but now walkers are pounding on the barn doors and the adults are trying to hold them closed. Carl is still asleep in my arms but I had to wake him because I knew I had to help the adults.

"Kid! Come on Carl you have to get up." I say shaking him. He shifts and rubs his eyes groggily. "Asher? What's wrong?" He askes still tired.

"Walkers are at the door and the adults are trying to keep them out and I have to go help them." I explain to him while starting to get up. All of a sudden Carl grabs my hand.

"Asher don't leave me alone please." He pleads. "Kid I have to help them." I say calmly.

"But what if something happens and you all die! I can't survive on my own!" Carl says starting to panic.

"Shhh Carl no one is going to die. I'm not going to die. Just calm down it'll be fine." I say while taking his hand in mine and giving it a reassuring squeeze. He seemed to have calmed down after that.

"Now you still got my hoodie on and I want you to keep it on because if you start to panic remember that the red rose on the front means love and love is the most powerful thing there is and love will always protect you." He nods using his free hand to cling on to the long sleeve that covers his hand.

"Don't worry kid I'll be back soon." I say as I give him a kiss on the forehead and give his hand a final reassuring squeeze. I then run to help the adults. I put myself between dad and Rick to hold the doors closed.

"What took you so long?" Dad asks. "I was calming Carl down when he started to panic. I told Carl the red rose on my hoodie means love and that love would always protect him." I explain.

"Thank you for keeping him calm." Rick says gratefully.

"Of course. I'd do anything to keep him safe and happy." I reply. Rick just nods and goes back to focusing on keeping the walkers out.

A couple hours later the walkers have finally left so I could go back to mine and Carl's spot in the corner.

"I told you no one would die kid." I say with a smirk. "Yah yah I know you were right Rose Thorn." He says with a small smile.

"Come on kid let's go back to sleep I'm still tired." I say yawning. "Ok Rose Thorn." He says while he lays down. I lay behind him and wrap my arm around his waist drawing him closer to me. I let him use my other arm as a pillow. Soon we're both fast asleep.

🌹Cut to morning🌹

I wake up to see sun light coming through the door. I see Maggie and Sasha leave but I just let them go. Carl is still asleep in my arms so I just tighten my grip around his waist and gaze at his cute sleeping face.

Not three minutes later Maggie and Sasha come back with a new guy. "Guys this is Aaron." Maggie says.

That's when all hell breaks loose.

People are jumping up with their weapons and aiming them at Aaron. Carl has woken up at this point but I keep my arm around his waist while using my other hand to grab my crossbow and aim it at Aaron as well.

"Please I mean no harm I just want to show you my community Alexand-" Aaron starts to say until Rick punches him in the face knocking him out cold.

"Rick! He wasn't going to hurt us we already checked him for weapons he just wanted to help." Maggie says angry. Rick just ignores her and starts giving orders.

"Abraham tie him up. Tara go through his bag." Rick orders.

Ten minutes later Aaron wakes up. I still have Carl in my arms and my crossbow in my hand.

"You've got a mean right hook Rick." Aaron says smiling. I kinda like this guy he's sassy like me. Rick goes to punch him again but I stop him by saying, "Oi Rick stop punching the poor dude and let him speak."

He stops for a second to look at me then goes for the punch again. That's when I start to get annoyed so I raise my crossbow and aim it so it goes just past Rick's face and I fire. It zooms straight pass his face and lands in the wall behind him.

Everyone turns to stare at me in disbelief expect for uncle Merle who just smiles at me proudly.

"I told you to stop punching him and let him speak." Is all I say. Rick starts to say something but when he sees I've already loaded another bolt he stops and backs down.

I look at Aaron, "Continue." He still looks shocked that I fired a bolt at Rick but he shakes his head and starts talking about his community Alexandria. After a while I stop listening already decided that it would be a great place to live and that this group is going to live there.

The adults interrogate him a bit. Then we learn that he has cars and Rick sends a group to check them out. After that he tells everyone else to check the perimeter in teams of two. I stand up bringing Carl with me.

"I'll search the perimeter with Carl." I tell Rick. He just nods not wanting to mess with me anymore.

I put a protective arm around Carl. "Come on kid let's go." I say while we walk out of the barn.

We walk for a while talking a bit here and there when all of a sudden I see a Coral colored rose. I smile with joy.

"Look kid it's CORAL." I say imitating the way Rick says Carl's name. "Ha ha very funny." Carl says sarcastically even though he's smiling. I just laugh.

"You know a coral rose means desire." I state as I pick the rose.

"Well I do have a desire for you kid." I say with a smirk as I give Carl the rose. "But watch out of the thorns." I say as Carl takes the rose with a bright pink blush on his face.

"Thanks Rose Thorn." He says with a smile as he carefully puts the rose in the front pocket of my hoodie that he's still wearing.

"Now come on kid let's go back to the barn." I say while wrapping my arm around Carl's waist. He just nods in agreement as we start to walk back.

Author's note

So what did you think of chapter 5. I decided to write this chapter early so here you go guys. And it's over a thousand words. There was more Casher moments and the group met Aaron. And what did you think about Asher defying Rick like that. Next chapter the group will get to Alexandria. This is where I start to deviate from the show alot. Also let me know if you want to see a Asher and Carl and Ron love triangle cause the boys will met Ron probably in chapter 7 maybe 6 and tell me if you like the idea of a threesome with Casher plus Ron. Until next time love from
~Ash🌹