chapped and chaste

After that night Percy was different. He was more closed off.

He would talk to Lee, but he was more abrupt. Like he was trying to steer her away. She didn't understand it.

He was also blushing less, which was annoying. He seemed to grow immune to her constant attempts, but she could still manage to catch him off gaurd.

By the third week of Percy's strange behaviour, Lee had had enough.

She found him in the library, studying. He hadn't noticed her approach, only looking up when she sat down.

"I'm too busy for your games right now," Percy waved her away.

"Yeah, you're always busy, thought we could talk about that," Lee crossed her arms.

"Just because you don't care about your studies doesn't mean that I don't either."

"You don't need to study for anything, yet. You're just avoiding me."

"No, I just want to keep up on my studies," Percy turned the page in his book. "Besides, I just talked to you this morning, Ophelia."

"You know I hate that name, you dick," Lee grumbled. "And talking to me briefly before class doesn't count. For the past few weeks you've been busy."

Madame Pince shushed her. Lee noticed the annoyed looks of the surrounding students.

"Can you please talk with me, maybe somewhere a little more private?"

Percy finally gave in, standing with a sigh.

"Alright, you lead the way."

Lee smiled and took his hand, leading him to an abandoned classroom. She turned to face him after locking the door and placing a silencing charm on it.

"I don't know what I've done, but I'm sorry," Lee told him.

"You haven't done anything, I've just been busy."

"That's a fuckin' lie and you know it," she pointed a finger at him. "If you just don't want to be friends anymore, then fine, at least tell me."

"I don't want to be friends with you, that's the problem," Percy admitted. "It's just not the way you think."

"No, no," Lee tried to hold back any hurt from showing on her face, "I get it. I'm the stoner freak. Mr. Perfect couldn't possibly be seen with a burnout delinquent like me."

She turned to leave but was caught by his hand on her wrist. Lee turned around to Percy, anger on her face.

"Let me go, you dickhead," she spat. "You don't like me, I understand."

"I don't want to be friends with you because I do like you," Percy looked away from her.

Lee stopped trying to pull away. She hadn't even thought about the chance that Percy would like her. She had just always assumed she was on a path of dissapointment.

"Do you really?" She asked, trying not to get too hopeful.

Percy nooded, sparing a glance up at her. She smiled and pulled his face up to look at her.

"You are so silly," she laughed. "You could've just told me, because I like you, too."

Percy smiled.

"Really?"

"Have I ever lied to you?"

"If you have, you've gotten away with it."

Lee laughed.

"What do we do now?" Percy asked.

"You kiss me and ask me on a date," Lee rolled her eyes. This boy really was clueless.