SIX

❝HAPPY BIRTHDAY, CASSIOPEIA!❞

。・:*:・゚★,。・:*:・゚☆  

AFTER TALKING A BIT THE GROUP DECIDED TO GO TO THE FOURTH OF JULY PARADE. The losers all stuck together. Except for Richie who stole an instrument from one of the band members. Along with Eddie who went to go get ice cream. But the rest of them stood, looking at the missing sign of Edward Corcoran.

"They say they found part of his hand all chewed up near the standpipe," Stan said, breaking the silence.

"Asked to borrow a pencil once." Ben thought out loud.

Bill walked up to the missing poster and lifted it up. Revealing Betty Ripsom's missing poster. "It's like she's been f-f-forgotten because Corcoran's missing."

"Is it ever gonna end?" Stanley asked.

Not far back from the group, the marching band member took back his instrument. You could hear Richie say, "what the fuck dude?" Then walk over and stand beside Eddie who also came back.

"What are you guys talking about?" Eddie asked.

Richie walked over and took the other ice cream cone from Eddie. "What they always talk about."

Ben ignored the two. "I think it will end. For a little while at least." The boy answered Stanley.

"What do you mean?" Beverly questioned.

"I was going over all my Derry research and I charted out all of the big events. The ironworks explosion in 1908. The Bradley Gang in '35, and the Blank Spot in '62. And now the kids being..." Ben trailed off, until starting again. "I realized that this stuff seems to happen..."

Bill and Ben spoke at the same time, "every 27 years."

"Okay so let me get this straight," Eddie started. Now that the group is sitting at a picnic table. "IT comes out from wherever to eat kids for like a year and then what? IT just goes into hibernation?"

"Maybe it's like... what do you call it? Cicadas." Stan explained, "you know the bug that comes out every 17 years."

"My grandpa thinks this town is cursed. He says that all the bad things that happen in this town is because of one thing, and evil thing that feeds off the people of Derry." Mike told the group.

Stan was quick to question the theory. "But it can't be one thing? We all saw something different."

"Maybe. Or maybe it knows what we fear most and that's what we see."