Chapter 1 IT doesn't feel like winning

3 years later.

"Jab, Right, hook, and uppercut." I bounced on my heels, hitting the punching bag. Smiling at the resounding smack of the leather bag against my fist. Each punch is clean and precised, efficient and there is no energy wasted just like practiced.

I shuffled to the side as I felt the instructor come behind me, trying to inconspicuously punch the back of my head. (Illegal move if I may say)

I ducked down; swung my foot out and watched as he fell, he tried to run away so I slammed my foot down on his chest knocking the breath out of him I put a foot on his chest.

He grabbed my ankle and I fell to the ground.

He grabbed a sword and bring it down hard. I moved my head only seconds before he stabbed me.

I kicked at the sword, until it fell out of his hands. He tried to reach for it but, I kicked it even farther away and punched him in the face multiple times.

I grab the sword and bring it level with his throat. "Do you admit to your loss?" My voice was raspy and my throat was dry as I put my foot in his chest.

"Doesn’t matter if he does admits his loss, Annabelle. You won and you know that. “A cold hard voice called from the intercom.

My gaze hardened and my heart clenched as I remembered the following actions after the battle depending on who wins and who loses.

Under my foot I could feel his heart beating fast. His eyes were wild with fear.

The door opened and two men came to take him away.

"Please .... Don’t let him take me." He pleaded me grabbing at my arm his grip hard.

I silently tore his fingers of my arm and looked away dejectedly.

He clung onto my leg.

His eyes widened as they drew nearer. "Don’t come near me." He screeched backing up trying to slither across the room.

"No!!"

I turned just as I heard the regular routine.

The gunshot.

The scream.

The blood splatters.

The scream dies on their throat.

Silence.

It was how it had been for several years before.... except now I could go to sleep and still try my hardest to best them...

I couldn't bare what would happened.... the consequences that appeared if I lost. What I could lose.

Flashback**

They lose and they die simple as that. Caleb's words repeated through my head.

My attacker was in her late twenties and had blue hair and brown eyes.

As she reached out and punched me I let her instead of evading it like I could have easily.

The force barley felt.

I punched her in the face and then kicked her knocking her in the floor.

I let her get up and proceed to "beat me up.”

"STOP! STOP RIGHT NOW!!!” Caleb’s second, Michael roared.

He came through the door and punched me straight in the face.

I spat blood at him and gave him a lazy taunting grin. “Didn’t your mummy tell you not to hit girls?”

"You think your soooo smart, huh?  Fine, you don't want to fight. Hmmm I guess, I'll have your brother do it. Bring him in!” he roared.

They brought my brother Nicholas in and proceeded to beat him they held me down and made me watch. I screamed and shrieked as Nicholas grunted in pain yelling, "HELP! HELP! ANNE IT HURTS!!!”

I elbowed one of the man in the ribs and took out the others gun and shot four times letting the bodies’ fall I ran to Nicholas.

The woman. Michel. Guard holding me down. Guard with gun.

All dead.

My first kills.

'~~~~~~~ '

End of flashback

There was no hope of it changing. That hope had been washed away by the utter despair and pain I had felt since I had gotten here.

(Read, comment, friend and follow me please)