Chapter 3. Anne are you ok

As soon as I got out of the shower I bee lined for Nicholas's cage. I couldn’t wait to see my little brother, I hadn’t seen him for a while and to be completely honest I missed the little rascal. I smiled warmly to myself at the thought of him, he had been my kid since I was young.

Nicholas's cage was a dark blue room with a big metal door and bars over the windows. It had a bed and a couple of sheets. The floor was bare except for a small bookcase on the floor.

When I turned the corner I saw the regular two guards outside the door.

"Hey Chase, Hey Gundisalv, you going to move and let me in. " I said brightly, as I pointed to the door to Nikki's cage, behind them.

Gundisalv ran a hand through his light colored, curly hair and looked at me warily. "Hey Anne, is your birthmark still growing?"

My hand unconsciously ran across my birthmarks.

My birthmarks consisted of a long scythe with chains connecting to the black back wings of a chibi looking with blue eyes and long jet black hair. A Halo just above the head. The chibi was stuck in a cage with a lock on it. It had grown steadily from top to bottom since I was little.

I shook my head, moving my hair and letting it gather at my neck to cover it. “Nahh, I think it's done growing" I said self-consciously.

Chase looked at my birthmark on my neck.

"So ... can I see my brother?” I said breaking the silence.

"I can't let you!" Chase said in a squeaky voice, wringing his hands together nervously.

"We really want to Annabelle. I swear. ... but the boss said no." Gundisalv said finishing every word like it physically pained him to say it …. Like it hurt.

"It's okay", I said meekly. My anger rising to boiling point. I felt a sort of hot sensation on my neck. Right where my birthmark was. ....

Raging anger and pain flared thought my body. The pain was excruciating and unbearable. I could feel my whole body heat up into a burning fire.

“Nicholas”, I breathed his name out.

I leaned against the wall unable to support my own weight.

I heard chase and Gundisalv screaming "Annabelle are you ok .....  ANNE ARE YOU OK?!" and tried to answer but my mouth would allow no words to be said.

[Who caught that song reference?]

My vison blurred and my head got fuzzy.

Then, I blacked out