Chapter two

After sulking for a little longer than she had promised Rover 2, Pidge finally got herself out of bed and made her way back into the bathroom to wash her face and evaluate her appearance.

Once she deemed herself semi presentable Pidge stepped out into the hall way. Rover 2 zoomed after her and took his position, floating just above her shoulder.

Feeling a bit weak from her previous trip to the bathroom Pidge decided it would be best if she made her way to the Kitchen and whip up something for herself that would be light on her stomach.
Once there she found a rayga which was the Altean equivalent to a banana. Besides the fact that it was a greenish brown color, the fruit tasted almost identical to what Pidge remembered to be a banana.

Granted it's been more than a few years since she had the real thing. But she was sure it was at least close.

Pidge perched herself on one of the many tables around the kitchen and proceeded to munch on her rayga while Rover 2 made small circles around her feet.

"Hey Pidge!" Hunk shouted as he walked out from deep inside the pantry.

Pidge who hadn't been in the most stable position from her perch, let out a squeak and did a dance with her arms in order to insure she didn't fall to her death.

"Sorry didn't mean to scare you, I just didn't expect you to be here. I mean not that you shouldn't be here or can't be here, I just didn't think you would." Hunk apologized going into one of his rambles.

Pidge hopes down from her table and makes her way over to her friend. "That's okay Hunk you just startled me." She says smiling slightly.

"You okay Pidge? Your looking kinda pale." Hunk said leaning closer to Pidges face. Rover 2 swoops into Hunks face making low beeping noises. "Oh hey Rover 2" Hunk acknowledges the small robot.

"Yeah yeah I fine! Whatcha making?" Pidge asks trying to further change the subject. And mentally thanking the floating robot.

Hunk takes the bait and turns is his attention back to what he had pulled from the pantry.

"Well I'm trying to recreate French fries." He says with a sigh pulling forward a few round potato looking objects, only they were a dark blue color.

"I found these vegetable type food that taste potatoey. But I can't seem to find an oil replacement to fry them and make them nice and crunchy." Hunk explains pointing to a couple bottles with different colored liquids in them. "All of them so far have either messed with the taste or set the whole thing on fire."

"Well mayb-" Pidge starts but is interrupted by the castles alarms blaring.

"A distress signal? But we havent had one in over three months?" Hunk exclaims.

Pidge ignores Hunks outburst and takes off down out of the kitchen. Moving a little slower in her weakened state. Leaving half of her rayga, Rover 2 wizzing after her.

Hunk quickly following after making sure the stove tops were all turned off.

Once Pidge and Hunk arrive to the main deck they find that the rest of the team had beat the pair.

Pidge slows her pace and makes her way to Shiro's broad form murmuring an apology to the waiting group.

Shiro snakes an arm around her small waist and leans down to her ear. "Are you okay Katie? You are usually one of the first here."
Pidge nodes her head quickly but is saved from answering by Allura.

"Paladins there is a distress signal coming from a near by planet. As you all know we have not received one in quite some time, and this may be a false alarm. But I think it would be best if we suited up and went to check it out anyway." She then brings up the planets coordinates with a wave of her hand.

"Hey that's pretty close to Shay's planet! I didn't even know we were that close to the Balmarins." Hunk States bringing his hand up to his hair with a smile.

"Hey maybe if we finish quickly you can go visit your girlfrienddddd." Lance mocks.

"Yeah maybe. Can we make this quick guys?" Lance deflates as his joke bounces off of Hunk with no affect.

"Let's get suited up." Keith says putting a hand on his boyfriends shoulder.

*~*~*

Hey hi wassup!
Sorry for another short chapter but I wanted to update as soon as possible for you guys!
I will try to make the next one longer (:

Here's a list of relationships as of this point in the story!

Keith and Lance have been dating for about two years.

Pidge and Shiro have had a thing for a few years but just made it official a couple months ago. (Shiro wanted to wait until everything got squared away with the galra and stuffs)

Hunk and Shay aren't officially dating, but they both engage in heavy flirting when they see each other.

Dats it for now! But don't worry there is more to come! (;

Please vote and share <3
~Dearest