Chapter seventeen

"Laaaance. Come on Maes, say Laance." The blue paladin asks holding Maes up to eye level as if that would have any effect on the two week old baby's articulate skills.

Currently Lance and Keith are held up in the nursery play room on baby duty, while Pidge and Shiro are on a duo patrol around the local quadrant with their lions. It had been two weeks since Pidge had Maes and she had woken up demanding that she be let out on patrol that morning, since it had been 7am no one argued and the couple was sent out to complete rounds. This left the task of watching an adorable two week old baby in the capable hands of Klance.

Allura and Pidge had set up the cozy little room the couple currently occupied months before the delivery. The walls were painted a deep soothing shade of purple from top to bottom, and to the far left of the room stood a single crib that Maes would eventually be sleeping in once he was of age. The rest of the available area, which was a lot, was decked out with different toys the team had found from all over the galaxy, of course the little black haired baby wouldn't be playing with them for some months yet, but it was the thought that counts so Shiro says.

Maes giggles at Lance waving his tiny fist high over his head, the blue paladin melted at the sight. "Not what I was asking for, but hey I'll take it." He tells the baby, moving to set him down butt first on the soft green blanket they had laid out for him. Maes coos and kicks in his new location his eyes wandering lazily around the room.

"I want one." Keith says, quite randomly from his post on the rock chair. This has Lance deadpanning and he looks up from the kicking baby to meet his boyfriend's gaze with a straight face, "Okay sure. Would you like to get pregnant or should I?"

Keith pouts and looks away, in typical red paladin fashion. "Whatever." The two are saved from discussing this further by the automated door sliding open. Maes, who just a second before had been a happy cooing baby, catches the movement and lets out an ear splitting shriek.

Lance winces and with a glance upward to make sure the newcomer was who he thought it was, moves away from the blanket, throws himself onto his boyfriend's lap, melting against him like putty. The rocking chair groans in protest as the two slightly rock to and fro, but Keith smiles and wraps his arms around Lance's waist, always happy for some impromptu cuddles.

"My Little Lion! How are you?" Pidge cries charging toward the shrieking baby on the blanket. As soon as his mother's face comes into his view Maes is once again all smiles, wiggling his fingers up at the green paladin with elation.

Without hesitation Pidge obliges and scoops up her son, placing a hand behind his neck and twirling him before coming to a stop and resting him against her chest. His little hand snakes up her neck and rests there, with his fingers nestled in her soft hair. Shiro, who had walked in with Pidge, nods his thanks to the two baby siting paladins and goes over to wrap his arms around his family. "He's going to be a Mama's boy for sure." Pidge tells him, looking up to meet the larger man's gaze with a smirk. "Uh huh sure." Shiro replies with a exaggerated eye roll, but a smile plays on his lips. He wouldn't mind if his son was a Mama's boy, just as long as he got his share of love too. He leans down and kiss them both before releasing his grip around them.

Pidge immediately misses the warmth and is about to ask him to hold them again when the door slides open. The door reveals a bright faced Princess, her bouncing advisor, and a not so bright Prince, but really when was he. If Pidge thought about it enough, that's what made Allura and Lotor such a good match for each other. The princess was sometimes so bright that she was blinding to look at, Lotor made the shine more manageable, and vise versa.

"Everyone is coming to visit today!" Allura announces throwing her hands wide before clasping them together with a clap. "Coran and I have been preparing the castle all day." There's an unsubtle clearing of a throat and Allura quickly adds, "and of course, Lotor has been helping too. We have all been very hard at work!" Her face splits in a grin as if she just couldn't wait for her castle to be filled with even more people.