Chapter nine

Upon arriving at the castle of lions, Pidge and Keith part ways and head to their designated hangers.

Pidge pulls Green into her hanger and parks the lion on the landing pad, she quickly unbuckles herself before standing up to do the same for Lotor. She makes it two steps towards the prince before crumbling to the ground, letting out a string of profanities.

She tries to stand again, pulling herself to her obviously damaged feet. Clenching her jaw, she successfully makes her way over to Lotor with out falling. She unbuckles him and slings his arm around her shoulders, adrenaline allows her to drag his dead weight out of her lion and out into the hanger.

The green paladin is in such a haze that she doesn't even register her team coming through the door and rushing toward her.

Hunk and Lance take Lotor from the small woman, while Shiro scoops up her up. "Katie. Stay with me." Is the last thing Pidge hears before her world goes dark.

*~*~*~*

Pidge opens her eyes and finds herself staring at her own ceiling, she blinks a couple times and rolls over onto her side carefully, still very aware of her tender legs. She jerks her head backwards when her nose bumps into something, but relaxes when she looks over to find Shiro's hand, the rest of him was slouched in a chair sleeping next to her bed.

Pidge frowns when she sees how uncomfortable he looks. She would want nothing more than to pull the man onto her bed and snuggle into his large form, but Pidge knows if she tried they would both end up on the floor. So she settles for pulling his arm closer to her, and falling back asleep as she nuzzles into it.

*~*~*~*

Pidge wakes up for the second time to someone running their fingers through her hair. She smiles and slowly opens her eyes and is met with Shiro's dark irises.

"How are you feeling?" He asks, returning her smile with a small one of his own.

"What happened?" Pidge shoots back, her smile faltering.

"When you and Keith arrived we took all of you straight to the cryopods. Lotor is still in his, Keith is out and should be eating in the kitchen if he listened to me." Shiro says, throwing a glance to the door as if he was checking to see if the red paladin had listened to him.

"We tried putting you in one, but it wouldn't turn on." Shiro continues returning his gaze to Pidge, who currently had her eyes down.

"There are only three reasons as to why a cryopod won't turn on. One, the person is too old. Two, the person has already passed. Three, a women is pregnant." Shiro explains in a calm matter of fact voice.

Pidge feels hot tears leak down her face, her stomach flipping, and her heart feeling as through it was trying to leap from her chest. She shuts her eyes tight not wanting to look at the man when she says these next words. "I am pregnant."

Shiro lets out a breath that Pidge hadn't notice him holding and says "Good thing too, because I don't know what I would do if you died, and I'm not really into older women."

Pidge let's put a snort that very quickly turns into a sob. "I'm sorry Shiro. I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I'm sorry." She cries, burying her face into his arm.

Shiro pulls his arm away and grabs the small woman, bringing her onto his lap. "You have nothing to be sorry for Katie." He says cupping her face with his hands. "Am I scared? Yes. Do I wish you told me sooner? Yes. But I am also really excited. I love you Katie, and you are going to make me a father. I couldn't be happier."

Pidge can't stop her tears from pouring down her face, but she looks at Shiro with a big smile despite that. "I love you too, Shiro."

Shiro wipes her tears with his thumbs and leans down for a kiss, Pidge eagerly tilts her head up to meet him.

Their tender moment is ruined by Lance who takes this time to make his entrance into the small room, followed shortly by his boyfriend Keith, and Hunk.

"Oh, so it's this kind of party!" Lance yells when he sees the couple kissing, spinning around on his heels he makes his way toward Keith with puckered lips.

Keith sidesteps Lances attack and continues forward. "How are you feeling Pidge?" He asks sitting down on her bed.

"I feel fine." Pidge answers giving him a smile from Shiro's lap. "My legs are still a bit achy and I'm a little nauseous, but that's all to be expected."

"Yeah, I get nauseous when I'm in pain too. Also when I'm too hungry, or when I'm excited, or angry." Hunk rambles, coming over to stand by Keith.

"We get it Hunk, you're always nauseous! But why are you nauseous Pidge? Was it the nerves from the mission?" Lance asks, coming over to join everyone else.

"No, I'm pregnant." Pidge says with a small smirk playing on her lips, the tears thankfully gone. Shiro lets out a little snort at her bluntness, looking at his team as they all sputter.

"Pregnant?!" Hunk says, his mouth hanging open.

"I just wanna say, I was the first to know." Keith says with a smug look.

Lance stays quiet for once in his life, leans over to Pidge, stares at her.

Pidge fidgets under his intense gaze, jumping when he yells "It's a boy! I'm calling it now!"

Everyone starts laughing and without any questions or prompting they all come in for a well needed, and deserved, Team Voltron Group hug.

*~*~*
Editor and Savior: ninja_nerd18

Helloooo

As always if y'all could hit that star button in the corner and/or leave some comments I would be a very happy author!
Thanks for reading <3

~Dearest