Chapter five

Keith and Pidge shoot through the meteor field with easy. Their agile lions twisting and turning through the rocks.

"I'm surprised Shiro let us go." Keith says making small talk with the green paladin.

"Oh he has learned a long time ago that arguing with me usually doesn't go well." Pidge shrugs.

"Oh yeah? I wish Lance would learn not to question me." Keith says frowning.

"Right. Good luck with that." Pidge says with a smile that soon turns into a grimace when green takes a particularly sharp turn.

Her lion makes a small sound of apology and Pidge pats the controls in return pushing her to go faster to keep up Red who was a bit faster than her own.

If Keith noticed Pidges sudden change of mood he didn't acknowledge it and the pair  continued the journey in silence.

Soon after they get through the meteor field the two come up to a small moon-like planet.

"Green is reading a stable atmospheric pressure. We should be okay to go in." Pidge informs.

"Okay then let's take a quick look and see if we can find where this signal is coming from." Keith replies.

The two lions make a nose dive into the planets clouds and if Pidge hadn't done this over a million times by now she know she would have lost all the contents of her stomach right then and there. But that didn't stop her stomach from doing gut clenching flips.

Once they get to the ground they find that the planet is cold and the ground is covered in small sand-like crystals. With no snow or ice in sight.

The nose dive finally catches up to Pidge and she scrambled to the back of her lion where she was smart enough to stash some bags.

"Pidge! Are you okay? What's going on?" Keith demands hearing Pidge through his helmet.

The sick paladin curses herself for not having muted herself or at least have taken off her helmet. But what is a girl to do? When you gotta vomit you gotta vomit.

"I'm fine." Pidge manages to mutter. She takes a deep breath to steady herself and moves back to Greens controls.

"I'm fine." She repeats. "Now let's see if we can find that signal."

"If something is wrong you can talk to me Pidge." Keith says, showing his teammate a rare side of him. "And if your sick you should have sat this mission out."

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind." Pidge replies. "I'm thinking we can get out of the lions and move toward that cave over there. It seems to be where the signal is the strongest."

"Right." Keith replies letting Pidge drop the topic. Red lowers her head for her paladin to exit.

Pidge waited for Green to do the same but she didn't. "What's wrong girl?" Pidge asks her lion. The lion growls in response and straightens up even further.

Keith who was out already looks up at green. "Everything okay?" He asks.

"Uh yeah Green just won't let me out." Pidge replies.

"They can do that?" Keith says walking over to Greens large paws.

"Well apparently! None of the doors are opening!" Pidge says exasperated. Button smashing her controls. "Come on girl I promise I'll be okay. I'll have Keith with me." She says to her lion. The lion growls again not moving a single inch.

"What does she want? She has to want something from you Pidge." Keith reasons.

Pidge leans her head back knowing exactly what her stubborn lion wants. "She wants me to tell you something." Pidge says sighing.

"Tell me something?" Keith replies, "Does it have something to do with you being sick?"

"Yes." She yields.

"Well I'm all ears and the sooner we do this the sooner we can go into the cave." Keith says leaning against one of greens paws.

Pidge sighs. "I'm may or may not be pregnant." She spits out. Silence follows. "More may than not."

Green bends down and Keith jumps back to give her room. Pidge scrambles out with her head down and mask up just in case. She finds herself pulled into a strong hug by her fellow paladin. Their helmets clinking together.

"Your gonna be okay Pidge. We will take care of you." Keith says not letting her go.

"I know." Pidge replies returning the hug.

The two separate and start making their way to the cave both a little awkward. They get a few feet away from their lions when the ground starts to shake.

The paladins spin around and see that the green lion has stood up and is walking toward them.

"So I guess we have company?" Pidge says to a surprised Keith.

They continue toward the cave with Green following them like a extremely oversized pet.

"And I thought my lion was clingy." Keith says with a smile shaking his head.

*~*~*