Chapter fifteen

Pidge's mind reals in shock and she sways unsteadily on her feet. 'Okay I'm fine, it's fine, we're fine.' She repeats to herself, squeezing her eyes shut tight.

Another round of roars fill the castle, then silence hangs over the odd pair like a thick fog. Naturally, Lotor is the first to break it.

The prince takes a step toward Pidge, his arms out stretched. "What do I do? What do you need?" He asks, his face pale and his eyes big.

Pidge tries to take a deep breath to calm herself but is cut off as another cramp, scratch that a contraction, seizes in her belly. She gasps, placing one hand on the table next to her, and the other bellow her large bump. Her hair covers her face, sticking to her forehead, as sweat drips down her chin.

"I'll go get Allura or Shiro." The Prince says taking a step back toward the door, ready to bolt.

Pidge throws her head up and looks up at the Prince with panic in her honey colored eyes. "No, don't leave me." She practically sobs, she hated to be weak around the Galran but at this point she's desperate.

Lotor looks at the door once more before hurrying over to Pidge's side. He places both hands on Pidge's shoulders, "Alright, I won't." He tells her, his voice still weavering slightly but regaining a little bit of his smooth demeanor. "But we cannot just stay here." He adds, scooping Pidge up gently into a princess hold.

The Green paladin squeaks in surprise and clings to his arm. "Please don't drop me." She tells him, feeling small and vulnerable in the larger mans arms.

Lotor ignores her comment and takes off out of the room. His long strides clearing the room with ease. Though he does try to keep his steps soft as to not hurt the pregnant woman.

The journey seemed to take hours for Pidge, who still had no idea where the Prince was taking her. "Where are we going?" She asks in between her painful contractions.

Before he could answer her a door opens in front of them and they step through without hesitating.

Harsh lights blind Pidge and she brings an arm in a weak attempt to cover eyes. When she looks again she finds herself staring at the ceiling of a very familiar room, Lotor had brought her to the bridge.

"Katie!" Shiro's voice comes from across the room and the Black Paladin comes running over to them. He immediately takes Pidge from Lotor, adopting the same hold. He brings Pidge close to him as he buries his face into her honey brown hair that now goes well past her shoulders. "Are you okay?" He asks, pulling back and looking at Pidge with concern flashing in his dark eyes.

Pidge takes a deep breath, taking in his comforting scent. "I am now." She replies still disoriented, her unfocused gaze travels from Shiro to the rest of the room where the team anxiously stands around. Keith has a hand on Lance chest almost as if to hold him back from charging forward. Hunk stands on the other side of Keith wringing his hands nervously. "We heard the Lions so we all came here." He said to no one in particular.

"Pidge is most certainly is not okay." Lotor states, still standing in front of Shiro. "She has gone into labor and having contractions quite regularly." He informs the team.

Gasps fill the rooms and Allura goes over to Pidge placing a soft hand on the Paladin's swollen belly. "He's right, we have to get Pidge to the Birthing pod immediately." She tells them, her voice commanding.

Allura leads the way and the rest follow like an oddly timed parade. Pidge's consciousness goes in and out, all she can focus on is the rhythmic steps of her lover and his strong comforting smell. If she could stay in his arms forever she would. "Stay awake Katie." He tells her. His whole chest rumbling with his words.