Chapter fourteen

Fully clothed, fresh from the shower, Pidge steps out from the bathroom and lifts her hands above her head in a big stretch. Grunting she lowers them slowly, resting them over her large belly. Rover 2 flies over to her beeping in delight, "Hey Rover 2. Do you know where Shiro went?" She asks the small robot. When she had got into the shower Shiro had been sprawled on their bed absorbed in a book, but now the man was no where to be seen.

Rover 2 makes a whirling sound in response to Pidge's question, rushing out the door only to pause on the other side to wait for the pregnant woman. "So you do know then?" The green paladin chuckles. Together the pair makes their way through the castle with Rover 2 hovering up and down in front of Pidge, leading the way.

Soon it isn't hard to figure out that the robot was leading Pidge to Black's hanger. "Of course, I should have known." She says, picking up the pace now that she knew where she was going. Rover 2 lets Pidge take the lead and floats just above her shoulder, his usual spot.

Pidge steps through the Black Lion's hanger entrance, peering in curiously. Inside she finds Shiro and Keith sparing on a mat that they must have dragged from the training deck. Lance and Hunk, who were lounging on a comfy looking couch, each lift a hand in greeting to the green paladin as they play with a deck of cards they bought from the earth store at the space mall. The Black Lion recognizes the mother to be's appearance and lowers its very large head, making a noise that Pidge took to be a welcoming purr.

Pidge walks over to the lion and leans against its warm metal, the strong vibrations coming from the lion feel great on her sore back. "Why is everyone in Black's hanger?" Pidge asks, raising her voice so that it could be heard over the lion's rumbles.

"Well, we all noticed that you always came in here, so we thought we would to." Lance answers her with a shrug. Then as if thinking better of it, adds quickly. "We don't have to be in here if you don't want us to be." In case the small paladin was in one of her moods, he didn't feel like facing an angry pigeon. Hunk nods in agreement, though his eyes and attention were still focused on their card game.

"Do I really?" Pidge replies in confusion, ignoring Lance's added end comment. I guess I do come here a lot. She realizes silently. Something about this room just seemed to pull her in, especially since she became pregnant. Before she could put a finger on why this was the case, her thoughts were interrupted by a loud and feral growl.

Pidge's eyes snap up to the sounds source, finding that Shiro had won the sparing match and currently had Keith pinned to the mat. Keith, who the sound had come from, glared up at the older man with cat like eyes. His lips were pulled back in a snarl, the growl sounding again from deep within his chest. Shiro chuckled as he let the red paladin go, giving him a hand getting up. Keith takes it, and stalks over to his water pouch.

Shiro makes his way over to Pidge with a friendly smile on his face. "Hello." He greets her, leaning down for a kiss. Pidge wrinkles her nose, her sense of smell growing more sensitive the farther she got along in the pregnancy, but decides to kiss the man anyway. Their lips connect in a soft peck.

"Hello." She responds, placing a hand on his chest and pushing him away. Rover 2 swoops down in between them beeping, "Rover 2 says you smell." Pidge smirks.

Shiro grins at the insult, "Well then tell Rover 2 that I will be sure to shower as soon as possible." He says slinging a hand behind his head.

Pidge snorts in laughter, then jumps in surprise at Lance's voice that comes from just behind her. "Man, I wish Keith would kiss me every time I walked into a room." He complains, throwing his head back dramatically, and shoving his hands in his pockets.

Pidge turns to face him her head shaking disapprovingly. "How can he? You two are always in the same room." She says putting a hand on her hip. Shiro chuckles and moves to stand beside her.