Chapter six

The picture you see in the header is one I found the other day while scrolling aimlessly through tumblr.
If you guys want to give me a follow my username is the same as it is here on Wattpad, Dearestzero.
I just reblog a bunch of Voltron and other fandoms fanart. Feel free to shoot me a message and we can nerd out together on cute picture or one shots.
There is some more notes at the bottom but for now I hope you enjoy this update!

*~*~*~*
The strange trio continue their walk toward the cave. Green shaking the ground behind them with her heavy paws.

"So the signal is definitely coming from the cave." Keith says as they get to the entrance.

"What you doubted my predictions?" Pidge says with a signature smirk on her lips and a hand on her hip.

"What no never." Keith brushes off moving  closer to the opening of the cave. "It's pitch black in there."

Pidge moves to join Keith but stops short when her lion leans her massive head into the cave. Keith who had to jump clear of Greens large head grumbles something about an overprotective lioness.

"Come on Green, what are you doing? Moveee." Pidge whines pushing half heartedly against the side of Greens muzzle.

As an answer to her paladin Greens eyes light up like massive spot lights, effectively lighting up the previously dark cave.

"That's convenient." Keith yields, climbing Green and jumping off on the other side.

"I'll say. It is definitely going on my pro list of being pregnant." Pidge agrees using her Jetpack to jump on her lion following Keith into the now lit up cave.

Once in, it becomes obvious someone else had previously been there. A one man pod lays to the right of them open but unoccupied.

"It's a Galra pod." Keith points out bringing his knife out.

Pidge acknowledges her teammate and activates her Bayard holding it in front of her, battle ready. Thankful that her earlier vomiting seems to have cleared her of the crippling nausea she had been battling. Slowly she creeps forward behind Keith deeper into the cave.

They round a shallow corner to the left and see a black lump at the end of the cave. Keith holds his hand in front of Pidge and moves forward without her.

The smaller paladin huffs in annoyance and stalks behind him unfazed and unwilling to be left behind.

They come up to the lump and Keith pokes it with his foot. Green rumbles out of sight but the two ignore the concerned lion.

After a couple pokes with no reaction Keith gives the dark form a firm nudge. It rolls over easily and when it does it becomes obvious that the lump is in fact a body.

Deactivating her bayard Pidge pushes Keith aside and bends down to see if they were breathing and brushes the dirt matted hair out of the their face.

With a gasp Pidge drops the hair and retreats back a few steps, holding her hand to her chest like it had been burned.

"What is it?" Keith says readjusting his grip on the knife.

"It's Prince Lotor." She says looking up at Keith with an angry glint in her honey eyes.

Lotor who they had trusted years ago. Lotor who when they had needed him most abandoned team Voltron and caused years more of fighting and countless lives lost because of it. Lotor who now lay dirty and unconscious at the paladins boots.

Keith let's out a low and extremely galra-like hiss, something he had grown accustomed to doing over the years when he was annoyed or angry and if he had furry ears on top of his head they would certainly be pinned back.

"We should just kill him here. For all that he has done that is the least he deserves." Keith snarls bringing his now elongated Marmora blade down to Lotor's neck.

"Wait!" Pidge exclaims stoping Keith's decent with a strong battle hardened hand.

Now call it her maternal instincts kicking in or her pregnancy hormones acting up, but something within Pidge knew killing the unarmed prince wasn't the right call.

"We should wait, bring him to the castle, and decide what to do with him together as a team." Pidge reasons with the hot headed paladin, letting go of his arm.

"Yeah okay but-" He doesn't get to finish as a bone rattling roar fills the cave.

Just as it stops the alarms on both of the paladins screens light up like a Christmas tree.

"We have to get out of here. The planets inner and outer core temperatures are heating up to dangerous level!" Pidge says bending down and grabbing one of the princes arms. "Let's go Keith grab his other one! Hurry!" She yells at her teammate.

Keith snaps into action at her words and takes the princes opposite arm and holds the majority of the unconscious mans weight.

They drag their added weight around the corner and are faced with a wall of smoldering heat.

Pidge rears her head back and holds her free hand in front of her helmet trying to fend off the intense heat.

"Keep moving Pidge." Keith pants, hunching his shoulders and moving forward.

Pidge does the same but finds it increasingly difficult to move her feet the closer they get to the entrance.

She looks down to see what the problem is and it is then that she notices the sand-like material that once covered the ground is now melting into a white goo and is sticking to her boots.

"Keith the ground!" Pidge pants out. Hiking Lotor into a higher position, trying to get as much of his body off the ground.

"Almost there. Just a little farther." Keith says trudging forward.

The closer they get to the entrance the hotter and higher the sandy-goo gets.

Pidge holds in a cry as the sand burns through her boots and lower pants. Sweat is pouring down her face and stinging her eyes, but she keeps moving knowing the pain would only get worse the longer they spent outside.

Right before Pidge was sure she was going to back out. Her lion let out a growl and shoves her muzzle as far as it would go into the entrance. Which was the last thing Pidge sees before her vision goes dark.

But the couple of feet Green moved was all Keith needed, he let out a yell and lunged forward twisting his upper body to grab Pidge by the waist and throwing her into the lions mouth. Using the momentum from his twist he grabs hold of a tooth and pulls himself up next to Pidge. He then dragged Lotor up to safety as well.

Once all three were safely in her jaws Green lifts her head out from the cave and straightens out. Still letting out a low continuous growl.

Keith picks up Pidge and gently puts her in the control chair, he the goes back and drags Lotor to a chair near the back of the lions throat and buckles him in.

"Alright Green. Let's move." Keith says to the lion, coming back to the control room standing next to an unconscious Pidge.

But the lion has gone quiet and doesn't move.

*~*~*
Hello dearies!

How are y'all? Good and well I hope.
I was inspired by a lovely reader to get a move on this chapter so here I am at 4am posting a new chapter (:
I hope y'all enjoyed it and I'm hoping to update soon!
Please let me know if I can clear anything up, I would love to answer any and all questions.
You can also leave some scenarios or characters that you would like to see and I will try to incorporate them into my story!

Please vote and comment <3
Thanks!
~Dearest