Chapter seven

"Come on Green." Keith stresses as the cockpit slowly becomes more and more unbearably hot. "You gotta get me to my lion."

"Come on... girl?" Keith tries knowing that's what Pidge calls her lion, but to no avail.

Huffing in annoyance Keith gives up on trying to get the lion to move himself and moves to the unconscious paladin slumped in the control chair.

"Pidge? You gotta wake up." Keith says giving her a gentle shake. The green paladins eyebrows furrow but she doesn't give any other signs of life besides the shallow rise and fall of her chest.

Keith steps back and gives her small form a once over trying to decide the best and easiest way to wake her, because it was obvious they weren't going anywhere without a conscious Pidgeon.

Like Keith everything from her knees down had nearly been burned off. But everything from her waist up seemed unscathed which meant his idea should work fine.

"Pidge and baby Pidge, I'm sorry." Keith says as he brings his hand closer to his face and clicks on the shock function Pidge had installed on each of the paladin's suits which allows the gloves to act as small tasers.

Keith clicks on the lowest setting and his glove gives a small crackle. He reaches forward with a grimace on his face, he doesn't want to hurt Pidge but he needs to wake her up fast or else they would be literal toast.

As seen over and over throughout team Voltron's missions once the abrasive red paladin decides on a plan he would stubbornly follow it through no matter the consequences.

His finger tips are about to touch Pidge's shoulder when the cockpit starts to shake. Keith brings his hand away and closed his fist, turning off the taser.

He rushes to the control panels his burnt legs screaming in protest and looks out the windshield wishing Green would turn her head so he could better see his surroundings.

Keith hears a roar coming from above him and jumps back letting out a small yelp of surprise when Red lands in front of Green with a loud crack.

"Now you wanna come?" Keith says exasperated. He quickly buckles Pidge safely in and exits through Greens top hatch that she kindly opens for him.

Keith jetpacks over to his lion and she snatches his from the air knowing they are running out of time.

Keith quickly takes the controls and grabs Green with his lions long claws. They make they're way out of the melting planet. But because Green is a larger lion than Red by a good amount their progress is slow.

The ground below has turned from white to red and it seems to be bubbling. Keith keeps his thrusters on max praying his lion can make it out of the atmosphere.

The bubbles bellow seem to be getting bigger and thus closer despite the fact that the lions are slowly gaining altitude. Keith can hear the goo splash and sizzle on the sides of his lion and knows it must be worst in Green.

Just as the heat seems to be to unbearable for the red paladin he hears rustling on the communicator.

"Pidge? Are you alright?" Keith shouts into his helmet desperate for a response.

"No, but I'll live." Pidge responds after a beat of silence. Now awake she gives her pulsing head a good shake in attempt to rid herself from some of the fog that seems to be clouding her brain and moves forward to grab her controls.

"Sorry Keith. Let's get the hell out of here." She says breaking free of Reds grip and putting her thrusters full blast.

Keith follows her eagerly and together they leave the burning planet behind.

*~*~*

Howdy! (Too country? Well I'm from Texas so oh well)

Sorry for the short update but I wanted to get something out relatively quick and I know I won't be able to work on this story very much over this next week.

Y'all are blowing me away with how many views this is getting in such a short amount of time which is another reason why I wanted to give a quick update! (I know 300 may not be very many for some people but I seriously can't believe how many people actually read my self indulging chapters!)

Please please please remember to leave some comments and vote! They really get me inspired to write which means faster and longer updates for you so it's a win win (;

Thanks for reading! <3
~Dearest