His Grief

It has been a week since that incident. A week since Arthit uttered those daring words and a week since he last him. And it was not like Arthit was avoiding him, nope. Though he did had that thought once. But he didn't had to do anything, because it seems that Phana was avoiding everyone. Nowadays, he couldn't be found anywhere and Arthit thought, he must be attending only his classes.

Sure Phana needs his space and he'll get it, thought Arthit and resisted his strong stalking tendencies, but only for a week. So here he was now, on his bicycle, paddling along the road in front of the dormitory, hoping to see someone. And luck was on his side, because as soon as he reached there, he saw him, exiting the building and making his way to the college.

Why isn't he taking his car, thought Arthit and paddled his bicycle near him and rang his bell.

Rringg, rringg.

"Good morning nong, if you want, I can drop you to the college", Arthit said and smiled sweetly.

"Good morning P, I will have to decline the offer. I need to think about some things", said Phana turning back.

"Oh, ok" , Arthit visibly deflated.

Seeing this, Phana hopped on to the back, Arthit smiled and they started.

Arthit was contemplating whether to start a conversation or not, but decided against it. The morning air was chilly, yet pleasant. The trees were rustling gently. It was before the rush hour, so the roads were empty. Considering they had time, Arthit took the longer route to college and started humming a random song.

Then out of the blue, he felt Phana leaning onto him, his heart skipped a beat and he stopped humming abruptly.

" Please don't stop, P'Arthit, it's nice", Phana requested.

Now who was Arthit, to not follow his request. He started humming again, this time softer and more cheerful, representing the current weather.

Soon enough, they reached the medical department and phana thanked him.

"Are you okay?", Asked Arthit.

In return, Phana just smiled sadly.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Next time they met was after 3 days. The hazing meeting went longer than expected. And Arthit had to renew a book from the library, so he stopped by that place. And by the time he was ready to go home, it was already 8 o'clock. So tired, hungry and frustrated, he trudged along the campus, munching a bar of chocolate. Then he saw him, walking alone, slowly and deep in thought.

Arthit made his way over to him and started walking with him.
"Hey"
Phana greeted him and continued walking.
"Do you want chocolate?,it helps lighten the mood", and without waiting for an answer, he broke his chocolate into two and gave the other half to him.

Phana took it and started eating it quitely.

"Hey look!! It's beautiful. Isn't it awesome, that the brightest star comes out at darkest of night", Arthit exclaimed.

For their college was at the outskirts of city and blessed with a splendid view of stars on clear nights.

But when Arthit looked at him, he was gloomily watching the sky. Damn, how can someone look so good even when they are sad, thought Arthit and repeated," very beautiful".

Presently, they reached the college gate, Arthit bade him good bye and went away with Phana watching him go.

----------------------------------------------------------- It was a new week and currently Arthit was sitting inside the library whacking his brain. They started early, but right now, it was late at night and Arthit was still working on his assignment. All his friends ditched him for sleep as soon as they completed theirs.

Without his knowledge, Arthit dozed off and when he woke up, was met by a pleasant surprise. He was sitting in front of him working on his laptop. Arthit checked the time- 2 am. He cursed loudly and scolded Phana-" why didn't you wake me up"

Phana just looked at him and continued typing.

Arthit noticed that he had dark circles under his eyes, was looking a little pale and had lost noticeable weight. He sighed and wished that he gets over his broken heart soon.
-----------------------------------------------------------

Arthit was very angry right now. That 0062 had a way on always getting on his nerves. Ever ready with cheeky answers and very prompt to be a hero. I need to teach him a lesson, he thought.

But then, he saw him and forgot everything. He was playing basketball alone. Arthit questioned whether he should go or not. He is alone and not with his friends, surely he wants to be alone, thought Arthit. But his gut feeling told otherwise.

And before he could decide, his legs decided it for him and he was standing inside the court asking, "mind if I join?"

Phana just passed him the ball and they started playing.

Later, they lay on the ground, exhausted and Arthit asked," are you okay?"

"I am okay"

When Arthit heard this, he turned his head to look at him, and he saw him smiling, genuinely, that too, at Arthit. There was no sadness in his eyes, only a hint of dark circles, his complexion better, and body healthier.

His heart skipped a beat, there were butterflies in his stomach and he started feeling a little shy. But Arthit being Arthit, replied nonchalantly, "is that so", and turned his head away to hide his smile and the colour he was sure was blooming on his cheeks.