Tommy Shelby [1]

Charlotte's POV -

"Fuck off, Tommy" I spit, yanking my arm from his grip.

"Charlie! I'm sorry okay, I should never have put you in that position!" He pleads desperately as I walk away from him.

Unconsciously my steps faulter. I know he's sorry. I know he never intended for this to happen but I can't give in just yet.

So, I continue walking away from him. Storming towards the house and slamming my way inside almost knocking down an unsuspecting Finn who's leaving the house.

"What's all that about?" I hear him question Tommy but don't stop to hear the answer.

I reach the kitchen and rapidly search the cupboards for a bottle of whiskey, finding my prize I rip off the cap with my teeth and chug half the bottle in one go before sitting down at the table and staring silently at my hands.

"What's all this noise for? Charlie? What on earth's happened?" Polly questions as she wonders in spying the opens cupboards, bottle of whiskey and my stressed appearance.

"Tommy happened" I spit not looking up from my hands.

Polly nods before taking the chair opposite me.

"What's the bastard done this time?"

I chuckle lightly.

"Gave me to Kimber and said he could do whatever he wanted with me for two hours" I growl, furiously picking at the flaking nail polish on my nails.

Polly scoffs.

"The nerve of that stupid boy. I don't know when he'll ever learn. Kimber didn't actually do anything to you, did he?" Polly finishes her statement nervously.

I shake my head.

"No. Tommy actually had the decency to stop him. He almost did though" my voice cracks at the end.

Before Polly can say or do anything the man of the hour comes striding through the door. Halting to observe myself and Polly before moving closer to the table.

Polly opens her mouth to speak.

Tommy holds up his hand to stop her causing Polly to huff in annoyance.

"I need to speak with Charlotte alone" he states before becoming silent as he waits for Polly to leave.

Polly shoves her chair back, allowing it to scrape across the flagstone floor before storming out of the house. Off to the Garrison no doubt.

I look up and meet Tommy's eyes. Our gazes never wavering as he takes the seat closest to me.

"Charlie. I don't what I can say or do to make you believe me but I promise you I never intended for that to happen. When Billy asked I was caught off guard and I thought that if I refused he'd take you by force or do something worse" Tommy pauses, glancing down at his hands and swallowing hard.

"I thought.. I thought that if I set the rules then I'd be able to come in and stop him. Which is exactly what I did. I know none of it was right and you were put in a terrible situation but I promise you, it will never happen again"

"I know. I believe you, Tommy. I'm sorry for reacting the way I did. I was just scared, I love you"

"I love you Charlotte, more than I ever loved anyone else"

I can't help the smile that spreads across my face.

"And that's why I want to marry you" he continues.

I freeze. My gaze flicking up to his.

"Did you just say what I think you said?" I question. Wanting confirmation.

Tommy nods.

That's all it takes for me to launch off my chair and into Tommy's arms.

"Yes of course I'll marry you!" I whisper in his ear.