Tommy Shelby [7]

Tommy's POV -

"Alright lad, you be good now" I murmur to the large, grey horse as I lead him through the streets of Small Heath.

I've brought him for my daughter's birthday, from the Lee's. They've promised me he's a good one so they'd better not be lying.

I continue the walk towards Charlie's yard with the horse so I can surprise her with him.

Nora's POV -

"Come on, Nora! Let's get going" Arthur calls for me up the stairs.

"Alright, alright. I'm coming!" I shout back and grab my jacket from the chair, swinging it around my shoulders as I run downstairs.

"Be fucking careful!" Polly scolds as I clatter into the kitchen.

"Sorry" I rush back with a slight roll of my eyes.

"Are you ready?" Arthur questions me. I nod and we leave the house together.

"Where are we going?" I question him curiously as we walk straight passed the Garrison. I'd assumed we'd go there and just get drunk but obviously not.

"You'll see" Arthur winks at me. I roll my eyes at the lack of information and hurry to keep up with him.

-
Finally we arrive at Charlie's yard and it's suspiciously quiet.

I round on Arthur as he comes to a halt in the centre.

"What's going on?" I demand causing him to smirk in response.

It's then that I hear the loud chiming of metal horseshoes on the concrete behind me. I move to turn around but Arthur grasps my shoulders gently and keeps me facing him.

"Turn around, love" Arthur tells me after glancing over my shoulder and seemingly having got the confirmation he needs.

I rotate on the spot and come face to face with a large and very beautiful grey horse.

"Happy Birthday, love" my father's voice sounds from beside the horse. I feel Arthur nudge me and glance down to see the reins being held out to me.

"You brought a horse for me?" I ask, confused.

My father nods with a smile on his lips.

"I-I don't know what to say, thank you" I breath in disbelief while grasping the reins gently in my hand.

"What's his name?" I question curiously as I run my fingers through his silvery forelock.

"He doesn't have one, it's up to you to name him" Tommy tells me.

"Eirnin" I decide - after a few moments thinking - on an Irish Gaelic name which means 'iron' as the horses strong stance and appearance reminds me of the robustness of the metal.

"Lovely" Tommy smiles at me while wrapping an arm around my shoulder and pulling me into a hug.

I spend the rest of the afternoon bonding with Eirnin until Arthur and Tommy reappear to steal me away to the Garrison.

"Look after him well won't you, Curly?" I question him suddenly feeling quite protective over the horse.

"Of course, Miss Shelby. He'll receive the best care" Curly promises me with a gentle smile.

"Come on, Nora. You can come back here tomorrow" Tommy promises me while gently pulling me away.

"The others are waiting at the Garrison for you" he continues. I nod and allow him and Arthur to tow me up the road towards the pub, I know Arthur's been dying to come here all day.

We enter the pub and find the rest of our family waiting. They all cheer as they see me and start shouting 'happy birthdays' at me left, right and centre.

I quickly thank them all and receive several hugs before finally being released to take a seat at the table between Michael and Isaiah.

"Fucking hell, what a day" I sigh as I knock back my whiskey and lean my head back against the seat.

Michael chuckles.

"You've had a good day though?" He queries.

I nod rapidly.

"Of course I have, I got a horse" I rush excitedly as my thoughts suddenly drift to Eirnin.

"Well at least I got something right" Tommy laughs as he joins us at the table, while sliding me another drink.

It doesn't take long for my entire family to become very drunk, Harry desperately tries to control them all while I just remain seated, laughing as John trips over a bar stool and accidentally stumbles head first into the bar itself.

"Oh fuck" John howls loudly and rubs his head.

Harry hurries into the back and appears with an ice pack, handing it over to John in an attempt to not get bollocked for allowing a Peaky Blinder to gain a head injury.

"Are you alright, Nora?" The familiar voice of my father echoes in my ear as he sits down beside me and throws an arm around my shoulders.

"Yes, thanks. You're not as drunk as the rest of them then?" I smirk at him knowing full well he is, he's just much better at pretending he isn't.

"I'm fine" he slurs back with a lopsided grin.

"Even though you're drunk and probably won't remember this in the morning, thank you for today. For everything, I love you, Dad" I tell him.

"I love you too" he smiles back.

Requested by : xGoldenAmelx

Eirnin: pronounced : 'air-nin'

Okay so sorry this took so long and also sorry if it's a bit shit, I was struggling for ideas for a while hence why it wasn't written immediately like they normally are and I'm not sure that I executed the idea as well as I could have but I hope you've enjoyed!

I'm also aware that I altered it slightly so that he already knew he had a daughter and did her birthday instead, hope that's alright!

Please request!

-Xanthe-