Finn Shelby [7]

Y/N's POV -

"Oh fuck off, Grace" I snap at the older woman who flinches back slightly at the sharpness of my voice.

"I don't understand what I've done to upset you but whatever it was, I'm sorry" she gulps as she takes a step back.

I glare up at her from where I'm sat and scoff loudly.

"So somehow you just managed to insult my entire family without 'knowing'?" I retort unable to keep the sarcastic tone from my voice.

Graces cheeks flush slightly as she drops her gaze to the floor.

"Yeah, that's what I thought" I huff before standing up and making my way over to the bar, Grace follows and attempts to serve me but I refuse her and wave Harry over instead.

"You alright,Y/N? Don't you think you've had enough?" He questions me as he reluctantly pours yet another whiskey into my glass.

I sigh and narrow my eyes slightly in Graces direction.

"She's not givin' you trouble is she?" He presses slightly having not witnessed our earlier disagreement.

I nod and inhale deeply in preparation for my drunken rant to the bartender.

"She insulted my whole family, Harry. She called us a bunch of pathetic 'tinkers' and said we're useless and only good at making trouble" I pour it all out to the man as he listens intently.

"I'll have a word with her and Mr Shelby when he comes in later but until then, please try and keep your head screwed on" Harry almost begs me.

"I'll try Harry, I can make no promises but for you, I'll try" I reason with him. I've always respected Harry and in turn he's looked out for me like one of his own.

He gives me a nod and a small smile before turning to start serving the evening regulars. I take my drink and move myself back to my table and sit quietly, nursing the alcohol in my hand.

I'm jolted from my trance like state as the ever rowdy Shelbys come in through the door. They all nod in my direction and offer me various greetings as they head towards the bar but I largely ignore them as I crane my neck, looking for one Shelby in particular.

"Oi, Finn! Your girlfriends looking for you" Isaiah nudges his friend who glances over his shoulder.

I smile at him and his face instantly lights up causing Isaiah to laugh at his sappy expression before pushing him in my direction.

"Fuck sorry, Y/N I didn't see you when we came in, John shoved me through the doors!" Finn apologises as he takes a seat next to me.

"Don't worry, Finn" I calm him.

"Are you alright? You don't seem yourself" he questions, picking up on my quieter tone.

"I'm alright, Finn. Really, I just had a slight run in with Grace earlier" I wave him off.

Finn watches me with narrowed eyes for a few moments before speaking again.

"I'm gonna go and speak to my brothers for a moment, I'll be back soon" he tells me then leans in and kisses me softly on the lips.

I watch as he retreats towards the side room and disappears inside.

"I thought you didn't need a guard dog? I thought you gypsies were tough" Graces sickly sweet voice reaches my ears.

I look up and find her standing above me with a nasty look on her face.

"Finn's not my guard dog, he's my boyfriend. And yes, unlike you, Grace I am tough. Tougher than you'll ever be because in case you've forgotten, I have never led a sheltered, rich life like you have" I shoot back.