Tommy Shelby [8]

Y/N's POV -

"You're not my mother, Esme so stop trying to act like" I spit at the gypsy woman on the opposite side of the kitchen.

She scoffs in response and narrows her eyes.

"I may as well be, I'm married to your father, he loves me and respects me so you should too" she bites back.

I glare at her.

"Fuck off, Esme" I growl at her before storming from the house, making sure to slam the door with extra force before taking off down the street.

"Oi! Michael!" I shout as I catch sight of him leaving the family house.

"Y/N? Are you alright?" He questions, his eyes giving me a quick once over to ensure that I'm not injured.

"I'm fine- well no I'm not, is Tommy here?" I blurt out while feeling the tears welling up in my eyes. Now I'm not one to cry but Esme makes me so angry it all comes out as a flood of tears and angry screaming.

Michael's gaze softens and he nods, wrapping his arm around me and steering me into the house.

Luckily my dad's not here only Arthur and Polly are seated at the kitchen table.

"Oh Y/N, what's wrong?" Polly questions as Michael leads me into the kitchen.

"I'll just go and get Tommy" he whispers to me before leaving me with my uncle and Polly.

"Fuckin' Esme" I huff, crossing my arms and glaring at the salt shaker in the middle of the table.

"I had a feeling she might have something to do with this" Polly sighs in response. Ever since the wedding they've all caught on to the fact that I feel they've replaced my mother with Esme.

In truth I know that's not what happened but I can't help feeling it is.

I feel pushed aside by my father;

Forgotten. Abandoned.

"Y/N? Tommy wants you in his office" Michael smiles kindly at me while I nod to him and scurry inside, shutting the door carefully behind me.

A throat clears across the room and I look up to see Tommy sat by the window, he glances up at me and I can see a tiny hint of a smile gracing his lips.

"Esme?" He questions with a knowing look. I sigh loudly and nod.

"I fuckin' hate her" I cry out finally allowing the tears to spill.

"She thinks she's my mother. She's trying to replace her, dad's already forgotten about her but I won't let Esme do the same to me" I lash out suddenly as anger overtakes me once more.

Tommy rises quietly from his chair and moves towards me, wrapping his arms tightly around me and pulling me into his embrace.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry" he whispers into my hair.

"What for?" I question with a sniff as I pull back from him and wipe my eyes on the edge of my sleeve.

"I'm the one who forced John into this marriage all because of the fuckin Lee's and their stupid deals" he growls slightly as his old anger makes an appearance.

"Don't be sorry. It's not your fault, it's the Lee's" I tell him gently.

"If John wasn't married to Esme then there wouldn't be these problems, Y/N. You would be happy" Tommy murmurs gently.

I shake my head.

"I probably wouldn't be. If it wasn't Esme then it would be Lizzie Stark" I scoff again not being happy with the thought of that either.

Tommy  chuckles lightly.

"You definitely dodge a bullet with that one, Y/N"

"Shame I didn't dodge the second bullet though" I sigh sadly.

"I just want my mum back" this time my voice comes out as a high pitched whisper as my emotions threaten to spill out again.

Tommy draws me back into a hug.

"I know, sweetheart but she can't come back. If there was something I could do then I would do it in a heartbeat, you know that right?" He pulls back slightly to look me in the eyes.

I nod slowly.

"Good and don't you forget that. Now let's go to the Garrison for a drink" Tommy winks at me as we leave the now empty house and make our way down to the pub.

"You're my favourite uncle, Tommy" I smile at him.

"I'm glad to hear it" he smirks back and the two of us enter through the doors to drink away the night.

Requested by : xGoldenAmelx

Hope you've enjoyed this and sorry if it's a bit short!

Please request!

-Xanthe-