Michael Gray [2]

John's POV -

"You may now kiss the bride" My jaw clenches as the vicar speaks and Michael's head tilts and drops slightly to capture her lips with his, cheers erupting from both sides of the family.

I can't help but feel the green eyed monster rear it's ugly head as I watch the pair make their exit from the church while the rest of us follow.

- 5 years later -

Roma's POV -

"You better be careful, Mr Gray" I glare up at him.

"Aren't I always?" He smirks back down at me.

I roll my eyes but can't help the grin that comes over my face as I try to suppress it by biting my lip.

"I'll be alright, I promise" he leans down slightly and presses his lips gently to mine.

"I love you, sweetheart" he breaths as he pulls away.

"And I love you" I reply back instantly.

As Michael leaves the room I feel someone's stare burning into me.

Turning slightly I spot John lurking in the doorway.

"Morning John" I offer him a bright smile as he moves further into the room.

"Morning" he responds gruffly. I frown, John's never like this. He's always happy and cheeky.

"Are you alright?" I question him while regarding him carefully.

"Fine" be responds shortly causing me to frown again.

I move across the room to stand in front of him and look up at him with a stern expression on my face.

"Alright John Shelby. What the fuck is wrong with you today?" I demand.

"I told you I'm fine" he snaps slightly. I don't flinch just remain staring up at him with my jaw set.

"That's a lie" I shoot back causing him to huff in annoyance.

"Fuck off, Roma" he snarls. I roll my eyes being very much accustomed to the Shelby temper John's snapping and snarling doesn't bother me.

"I'm not leaving this fucking room until you tell me what the bollock's is wrong with you" I reply sharply.

"Fuck it" John murmurs before grabbing my shoulders and pushing me back against the wall, slamming his lips against mine.

My eyes widen in disbelief and I panic. Bringing my hands up I roughly shove John away from me and watch as he stumbles back.

"What the fuck John?" I shout at him as I continue to stand with my eyes wide in horror.

"What the fuck is going on in here?" Tommy demands as he bursts into the room followed by Arthur and Michael.

"Your brother has lost his fucking mind that's what" I growl.

Michael moves across the room and sets his hands on my shoulders, looking down his gaze meets mine.

"What's he done?" He murmurs softly, his fingers moving slightly to try and relax my tense shoulders.

"He kissed me. He fucking kissed me, Michael. But I pushed him away immediately I swear to you" my voice cracks at the end.

I watch as he jaw clenches and hold my breath slightly, worried about what he might do.

"I know darling, this isn't your fault" he replies gently before removing his hands from my shoulders and turning to face his cousins.

"Get out" he spits at John.

"No I'm not leaving without her" John replies. My eyes widen and my jaw drops slightly.

"Ay what the fuck?!" Arthur exclaims his eyes darting to his brother.

"What the fuck are you on about John?" Tommy questions him, calmer than both Arthur and Michael.

"I said I'm not leaving without Roma Alafair Collier" John states while taking a puff from his cigarette.

"Gray" I correct him lightly.

"My name is Roma Alafair Gray, I am married to Michael Gray and have been for five years today. I will not be going anywhere with you, John Shelby" I continue.

John stares at me and then at Michael before lunging for Michael, grabbing the lapels of his waistcoat and shoving him against the wall.

"You fucking took her from me! If you had never come back to this family then I would have had her!" John roars in Michael's face.

Arthur and Tommy leap forwards and grab John's arms to haul him away from their cousin, but not before he manages to land a couple of punches to my husband's face.

"Get a fucking grip John. You wouldn't have had her. Roma and Michael have been together for fucking years, way before we even knew he existed!" Tommy informs his brother as they yank him away.

John looks over at me and I nod in confirmation. Michael and I have been married for five years but we've been together since we were fourteen and fifteen years old and we're now twenty three and twenty four.

John's head drops in defeat as he becomes slack in his brothers hold allowing them to haul him out of the room, leaving Michael and I alone.

I move hastily across the room and gently take Michael's face in my hands. His lip is split and he has a big bruise forming on his cheekbone.

"Oh god" I whimper as I take the injuries in. No matter how small they are I'll never get used to seeing him hurt.

Michael moves a hand up to brush the hair from my face as his other hand settles on my waist.

"Shh, Roma. My face is fine, I've had far worse" he assures me. I chuckle slightly at this and rest my forehead against his.

"You do believe me about pushing John away don't you?" I question him suddenly feeling scared.

Michael nods.

"You'd never lie to me. I trust you" he confirms.

"I love you, Michael Gray and I have no idea what I'd do without you"

"I love you, Roma Gray. I have no idea what I did to deserve you but I'm bloody glad I did it" 

I LOVE MICHAEL SO MUCH OMG.

I love John too so I apologise for making him out to be a dick.

Also Roma's name is a gypsy name (as I've said in previous imagines, I do research for my imagines so I will use proper gypsy/traveller names as all my OC's for this will be Romani Gypsy)

I'm toying with the idea of making this imagine into a full blown story perhaps 2 or 3 books. Please let me know what you think!

Requests are wanted and very much open so please do message me!

-Xanthe-