Chapter Two: Skipping Training

Loki swore. He had messed up, for the what seemed like the hundredth time. Thor and his friends had left for the mid-day meal, while the trainer had Loki practice his fighting skills.

"I don't see the point of this," Loki complained. "I'm better with a dagger or throwing knives."

"If you want to be a warrior, you need to learn how to use a sword," the trainer replied. "Now, show me your fighting stance."

"Ugh!" Loki whined, but shifted his feet.

"Good."

The trainer swung at Loki, forcing him to the block the blow. "You are improving, but you need much more practice. Now show me how you advance on someone who is distracted."

Before Loki could start, Thor and his friends ran into the training yard.

"Brother! We are going to Sif's house!" Thor boomed.

Loki rolled his eyes. "I really do not care, Thor."

"My prince, if you are leaving, then leave. Your brother still needs to finish his training," the trainer said.

Loki looked at the trainer and then to Thor.

"How is it coming? Are you improving?" Thor asked.

"Ha! No! I hate training. In fact, once he looks away, I'm leaving," Loki whispered.

"Leaving to where? Can I come?" Thor asked eagerly.

"No. You are already going to Sif's house. I want some alone time."

Thor pouted, but didn't say anything. The trainer told Loki he was going to take a break, and left to the castle.

"Have fun on your adventure!" Thor called and dashed over to join his friends.