Chapter Fourteen: Healing

Thor was bouncing off the walls with boredom. He wasn't allowed to visit Loki until his concussion was healed. Thor's punishment had gotten worse when Odin found out what the princes did. The older prince was confined in his room, still getting three meals but unable to have visitors. Frigga tried reasoning with the All-Father, but he seemed determined to keep the boys seperated.

Loki was also very bored. His only company where his own thoughts and the occasional healer who came in to check on him. To say the least, Loki was missing his brother, Sleipnir, and his books. He was tired of the blank walls and the dim lighting. The only thing that he could do was sleep and think. Frigga would come in every other day too check on him and tell him what was going on in the castle.

"Loki, I have been thinking about where that portal came from," Frigga said one day while visiting Loki during the midday meal.

Loki looked up from his food. "You have?"

"Yes. Do you also think its strange that a portal appeared right where you where when you needed help?" Frigga asked.

"Is it because of my magic?" Loki mumbled between bites of bread.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, dear; but, yes, that was my first theory. Until the stable boy noticed that Sleipnir had apples, carrots, and other vegetables appearing mysteriously in his stable stall. Loki, I believe that your son has the ability to control and create portals or rifts in time. He was the one who created that portal when the guards were looking for you. Yes, it wasn't the best portal and he dropped you too high, but he got you away from the guards. Sleipnir was the only one who knew you were there. He would've known that you needed help," Frigga explained.

Loki was shocked. "How? I mean, how could he make portals?" Loki questioned, his eyes wide with shock.

"It must come from the fact that you have magical capabilities. Creating rifts in time is part of magic. Since your magic is so abundant and a strong part of your genes, it's no wonder that it was passed down too Sleipnir."

Loki sat there, clutching a plate in his hands. His son, having powers? It seemed too good to be true. "How can you be certain about this?" Loki asked, his hands shaking slightly, causing gravy to drip down onto his blankets.

Frigga leaned in close to wipe up the gravy. She looked directly into Loki's eyes, green meeting blue. "Loki, there is no other explanation. I am absolutely positive that Sleipnir can control portals."

The younger prince stared into his mother's eyes. There was no arguing with her. Her word was true, and rarely (if ever), proven false.

~~~~~~~~~~

It was nearly a month before Loki was fully healed. His magic helped mend the fracture. The healers let him go with orders of being carefully and not doing too much physical activity.

"If you have any headaches, dizziness, shortness of breath, or loss of vision; come to us. We don't want the headaches returning," a healer told Loki.

Loki gave small nod. His head didn't hurt as much now.

"Alright then. Off you go," the healer motioned towards the door.

Loki swung his legs off the bed and all but ran from the boring healing room. He was desperate to find Thor and figure out if Sleipnir could truly control portals.

Loki rounded a corner and crashed right into his brother. Thor's fast reflexes caught him before he hit the ground. "Loki, you're back. Are you alright? Did the healers say you could go?" Thor asked and pulled Loki back to his feet.

"No, I just escaped. They still don't know that I'm missing," Loki said and rolled his eyes.

Thor missed the sarcasm and gasped. "But you have a concussion! You aren't allowed to leave the healing rooms! Your concussion could get worse!"