Chapter 4

Dedicated to Hallotom

There are times you need to stick up for yourself, for your own good and dignity.

I rolled in bed and noticed the time said 5:55am. Grunting loudly with a yawn I made my way to the bathroom to take a shower so that I could go back to bed. My stomach had been painful the whole night and I had hardly slept the whole night. It was my time of the month and I had to say it sucked big time. Jayden had taken all the aspirins when he had a hangover which was almost every day over the past few weeks so there wasn't anything for me to take to make it better.

Since the wedding I had hardly spoken to Jayden. I was forced to hug and kiss him in public but as soon as we were in the car no one looked at the other. I didn't mind that at all. I didn't care about that devil and all he did after all. The family dinners we were invited to drained me with all the insults and verbal abuse I had to endure through them; I could tell I had lost a lot of weight in just a month.

After my shower I grabbed a pair of comfy pajamas which consisted of a hot pink short and a light pink shirt before heading back to my bed which was already made. As I was about to close my eyes I heard my door being opened roughly. I looked to see Jayden striding in wearing a dark blue suit and a matching tie which made him look extra hot. That thought just made me angry and sad at how such a devil could be blessed.

"Wake up, my mum called us for breakfast," Jayden told me not looking up from his phone.

"I'm not going," I muttered weakly and he raised his eyebrows not bothering to look away from his phone.

"Why is that?" he questioned switching off his phone and putting it in his pocket with his hands remaining there.

"I am tired of being humiliated by your family. Those breakfast dates and dinners that you force me to attend stress me out. I am tired of being called a worthless slut and whore by your parents and aunt and honestly I am not up for it today. I am feeling really sick and there are no painkillers in this house!" I yelled and I didn't notice there were tears that were trickling down my cheeks.

I was always stressed as hell because of how I was treated by the Henstridges and I had had enough. Jayden scoffed before using his finger to remove the tear on my cheek and I slapped his hand off before glaring at him which took him aback.

"Don't ever touch me again, ever," I gritted out furiously wiping off the tears on my cheek.

Jayden kept looking for a bit and then he sat down next to me asking what was wrong. "I've got stomach pains and it feels like something is constantly pinching my abdomen and there's absolutely nothing I can do to stop it so I'm sorry if I just wanted to get that out," I snapped trying not to choke on a sob.

He looked uncomfortable but quickly masked it with an impassive look before telling me he would be back but I just ignored him. Deciding not to sit and mop around I decided to go and eat something even though my stomach hurt like mad. I just wanted to do something to get my mind off my life.

"Morning ma'am is there anything I could help you with?" Eva asked with a smile. Eva was one of my favourite maids because of her happy going personality. I envied her somehow, how she was so carefree and wild like there was no tomorrow. There was nothing I needed at the moment so I shook my head and I smiled at her while she tailed behind and I accidently went to into one of the kitchens were there was a pink bra on the counter which just made me gape at it. Well this was awkward.

"I think you can thorough clean this room and all the other rooms with the whole team of course. Please make sure you start with my husband's room first Eva and when you alert the others come see me," I stated before picking the bra with my finger tips and throwing it into the bin feeling my stomach worsen. Sighing loudly I cringed as the bra smelt like cheap perfume and sweat, who knew maybe it was one out of the three the poor prostitute owned.