Chapter 15

I entered the house carrying my stilettos in my hand and my bag in the other. Quietly walking through the mansion I made my way to my room where Ben and Jayden were watching some soccer match while sleeping on my bed. Sighing I waved at them and headed straight for the shower where I took my time letting the water wash away every negative thought and feeling that was harboring itself in me.

After my long shower I wrapped my towel around me and ran to my closet where I chose a pair of comfortable pajamas. It was around six in the evening but I felt like sleeping, at least I could escape the harsh reality of my life in my sleep.

"Have you eaten?" Ben asked with his eyes glued to the TV screen as I walked over to the bed. I shook my head in response before I jumped onto the bed and sat in between them. I noticed they had left some pizza and juice and I immediately started wolfing the food down like a ravenous wolf.

"Don't you want to wait up for dinner?" Jay asked stealing a glance at me with his eyes glued to the soccer game.

"No, I'm tired and a bit stressed. If it wasn't for me being a married woman I would have gone to a bar and gotten my ass drunk already but I have to behave for my 'husband'." Ben chuckled while wrapping his arms around my waist which made me tense and he let go. I felt at ease for a moment but when I looked at Jayden he didn't look very well. He looked a bit constipated.

"What's wrong?" I questioned and he sighed before suddenly leaving the room. I stared after him wondering what the hell I had done wrong this time. My frown disappeared when i heard Ben saying something.

"I'm sorry i didn't get you," i said apologetically and he just muttered something about going home. 

i waved as he left but something didn't feel right. He looked angry and almost hurt but i hadn't really done anything. 

***
I was thinking about everything that was happening as I drove to Jayden's office to give him the files he had forgotten at home. I didn't know what to do about everything so I decided to get more information before making any decisions. I also couldn't trust anyone including Jayden because his family drama had caused all of this. The drive was quick and I soon arrived at the huge building my so called best friend and husband worked at. Taking a deep breath I walked to his office and knocked softly before I heard a 'come in' from the other side of the door.

I walked in with a smile while waving the files and my smile dropped when I saw Eva lying on one of the couches reading a magazine.

"I didn't know today was take your baby mama to work day," I announced as I handed Jayden his files.

"I just felt bored so I decided to tag along," Eva chipped in looking up from her magazine and I nodded with my eyebrows raised while taking a seat opposite Jay's desk. 

"So um, I wanted to talk to you about something important in private." Jayden raised his head from his papers as Eva hurriedly walked out saying something like 'I'm going for shopping'.

"You wanted?" Jay asked giving me his full attention.

"I wanted to know if I could trust you with my life? As in if you knew something bad was going to happen to me, would you tell me?" I asked him wanting to know if he cared at all. He didn't respond but just kept staring at his papers until I got up to leave. I should've known he would be a part of the organization. It was who he was. 

I tucked a strand of my hair behind my ear before mumbling, "I'll see you and miss baby mama home."  

As I was about to leave Jay called my name making me turn around to face him. "I was wondering if you wanted to help me out until the end of the day?"

I weighed the idea in my brain quickly. It would be great to have somewhere to spend the day at, at the same time I could not be seen working for my husband; I was a millionaire for crying out loud.

"I don't know it would be..." I dragged off the sentence and Jayden walked over to where I was and i took a step back as he neared me.

"It'll just be for the day since my personal assistant took an unexpected leave due to reasons I do not want to know and if we find out it's not working I'll fire you." I raised my eyebrow at the word fire and he chuckled before offering I could resign and I nodded.

"I know you're worried about your image but I promise it won't affect you that much. It's just for a day."

I smiled before asking when I could start and Jayden replied with a now.

"You're kidding me right? I am so not geared for being pushed around plus I have a date with Ben later in the afternoon. Make it a double date with Brenda and Chris and I can't miss it," I whined with puppy eyes and Jayden gave me a fake smile before shouting I had to get to work.

"So much for a considerate husband," I muttered as I left the room and Jay winked with a smirk and i rolled my eyes in turn. With the help of the secretary I found my new temporary office and settled in while starting on the mountain of work that was waiting for me. He really had a useless secretary. 

The rest of the day I was drowned in paperwork and I was surprised to find Jay leaning on the door watching me with a smile, his hands in navy blue suit's pockets.

"What?" I asked lifting my eyes to look up at him.

"I was admiring your beauty and the fact that I've never actually been the guy you deserve. I have and will always be a jerk to you no matter how hard I try to change. The reason you are having an affair with my best friend is that I pushed you away from me because of a something that happened a long time ago. Lola I want to be the guy for you but apparently I always do things to push you away, I don't know why I just... I know you'll never be mine because you seem to be happy with Ben but I want to tell you that I've always loved you and I will continue loving you."

I didn't even bother to acknowledge his words as i gave him a look that translated to 'are you crazy?'. He really was crazy wasn't he saying something like that. Shutting off those thoughts i decided against commenting on it. Grabbing my things Jay and I headed out to the car with me making sure there was maximum space between us.

"So where should we go?" Jay questioned tensely as he started the car and I chose the Chinese restaurant that was near the office. We then drove to the outskirts of the city and stayed there eating our takeaways while talking and laughing about everything and nothing. I was laughing all the time and my cheeks were hurting from all the laughing I was doing. It was wrong to enjoy this with my husband while Ben was out there but it felt so right at the same time so instead of thinking of everything I decided to enjoy my time with Jayden because who knew how long it would last before the all the secrets were revealed. 

Throughout the time i was grateful Jayden didn't comment on me ignoring his 'confession'. He was acting like it hadn't happened and i was willing to hold onto that. I feared what i would do if i addressed the issue, i really did.    

Vote, Comment and Share if you like