Chapter 9

The sound of a person vomiting loudly in the room next to mine woke me up. I tried putting a pillow over my ears but it didn’t muffle out the noise. It was just so annoying. Grudgingly I made my way to the next room which happened to be Eva’s room. I didn’t even bother knocking so I just barged in and headed over to the bathroom where she had her face inside the toilet and the noises of her emptying whatever she had eaten last night filled the room.

“Well this is a good morning,” I cheerily said my voice dripping with sarcasm while my arms were folded across my chest.

“What do you want Lola?” mumbled Eva as she slowly removed her head from inside the toilet.

“I want you to shut up and vomit a little less loudly. For crying out loud some of us need our beauty sleep, we don’t have morning sickness.”

Eva glared at me before vomiting again which made me cringe and laugh at the same time knowing she would be annoyed by my reaction.

“Get out of here Lola,” groaned Eva as she sat on the floor, her hands on the toilet seat. Her hair was everywhere and it was wet which made it look 10 times worse than the witches from the cartoon’s hair. Her face was pale and her eyes looked like they were about crawl into their sockets.

“You look horrible,” I commented and she rolled her eyes before vomiting again.

“Can you hold my hair back while I puke?” Eva asked and I almost felt sorry for her in the moment as her hair was almost vomit hair by now but like I said almost.

“Wouldn’t that be the father of your baby’s job? He holds your hair back while you puke those demons you ate in the morning and he rubs circles in your back whispering endearments, too bad that won’t happen because your baby daddy is a jerk,” I responded with a smug smile. I knew I was acting mean but she deserved it after throwing my weakness in my face.

Eva finally stood up from the toilet, flushed and cleaned it well, like a pro which was true considering she was a maid before brushing her teeth. I stood on her door and looked at her while she glared at me at every chance she got.

“You’re sounding grumpy today, what happened?” she finally questioned as she walked into her closet to take some clothes.

“Well, try being forced by your parents into a loveless marriage because of a contract they would have made along with your in-laws, have your only ever child taken away and a woman who gets impregnated by your husband live in the same house as you and tell me if you’ll remain the same kind person you were before,” I told her quietly and she looked sympathetic for a while before her bitchiness returned. It bugged me how she had been so nice a few days before and she had just changed in a few days.

“I’m sorry; anyway get out of my room. I need to shower because I am going for a doctor’s appointment with Jay in a few minutes.”  

Not wanting anyone’s sympathy I nodded before getting out of her room and heading to mine where I took a long hot well deserved shower. It was a bit chilly outside so I decided to wear a warm hoodie and a pair of warm joggers, weird choice of clothes but it worked for me. I also wore a pair of black warm socks and vans before tying my hair into a bun. After that I went to the living room where I had had my therapy session yesterday. My shrink was already there with a notebook and I laughed at how he looked like Nancy Drew fishing out for clues even though I wasn’t sure Nancy had a little notebook maybe it was the hardy boys but either way it was all meaningless.

“Hey Elvis,” I greeted with a grin and he smiled before grinning back.

“Hie Lola, I hope you’re ready for today’s session?” he amusedly told me and I nodded while throwing myself on the couch, literary.