Chapter 8

Currently I was sitting on a couch in one of my living rooms. The shrink I had decided to get was there with a little notebook in his hand and he looked about twenty eight years old. He had a friendly aura to him so I trusted him a bit but not too much because you can never trust anyone. Cecelia and the letter had said so. You probably think they could be linked but Cecelia would never help me, never in a million years.

"So tell me about you so that I have a background story to work with," he said with a smile and I nodded before taking a deep breath.

"My name is Lola. I'm married to Jayden, a billionaire who literally gives a whole new meaning to the words 'makes my life a living hell'. Jayden hates me, his mother and his aunt too including his dad although I can't be too sure. Everything is all a little confusing. My mom and dad are not the best parents but they're okay comparing them to Jayden's. My old best friend Chris came back here after about eight years of hi..." I was cut off by my shrink and I looked at him with a raised eyebrow.

"I want you to tell me about your daughter first." I stared at him before nodding and saying, "My parents had just told me they were going to Africa for 6 months and being the spoilt brat I was I hosted a party. Things got out of hand and I ended up sleeping with one of the jocks which was typical considering I was the head cheerleader. I was drunk that night and I don't remember using protection and the next thing I knew was I was pregnant in high school. When my parents heard about it they hid me from the public eye until I gave birth which wasn't very easy considering I loved partying. The secret was kept and my parents also made sure they always reminded me how much of a failure and disgrace I was throughout the pregnancy. I was homeschooled throughout the pregnancy and even after. A year after I gave birth to her I had gone for shopping with my mom when I was called by a hospital telling me my daughter had fallen from a window and she had sustained a head injury resulting in her death. I was told I couldn't see her and I didn't press the matter which I regret now because I don't think she's really dead. A few weeks after getting married to the devil I kept dreaming about Vanessa so I pondered over her death and eventually decided to hire PI. As of now he's found out nothing but I'm sure he'll come up with something soon. At first I suspected my parents had something with the fake death but after the letter I received when I was in London, I'm not so sure anymore. I met this girl who looks like me and is also called Vanessa but maybe it is just a coincidence. I met her mom who is a bitch but I have to give her the benefit of the doubt because she is raising who she claims to be my daughter after all right? Also there's someone after my daughter, I don't know who or why they are after her but all I know is Georgina, the adopted mother's name and Jayden and some anonymous guy know about the supposed danger Vanessa is in." I looked at my shrink who still seemed to be processing my little scratch that, huge speech.

"Well? You said you wanted to hear about my daughter," I muttered curling myself into a ball.

He grinned and took a deep breath before saying, "From what you said I could tell you are a rambler and I guess you carry some guilt in you about your daughter. Yes you didn't show it in your speech but I can tell you feel like you are at fault at how things worked out with your daughter. It's not your fault Lola, someone bad out there caused all of this and..." My shrink was cut off by Jayden who came in the living room looking like someone had just told him his dick was smaller than his belly button; don't judge my simile.

"I'm having my therapy session Jayden, what do you want?" I asked annoyed while uncurling myself so that I could sleep on the couch.

"Your brother has gone too far, he just made one of my most promising investors pull out because you were considering a divorce. He claims I'm not treating you well plus why are you having therapy. You know those good for nothing shrinks annoy the hell out of me," he yelled and I rubbed my forehead as his noise was making me have a migraine.