Chapter 14

It had been a week since the Lillian Henstridge story. Jayden had called me while I was still trying to piece the Lillian information into the huge puzzle which would link everything to Vanessa and what the Henstridges were capable of. Georgina and Jeff had warned me not to disclose any information to anyone because they would be dangerous. I hadn't bothered ask what because I already knew my answer, 'they couldn't tell me yet'. I also hadn't tried to contact them because Jayden had been acting a bit clingy. He would constantly hover around me asking if I had found out anything new which I hadn't. His behaviour was beginning to make me suspicious, what was he hiding that he didn't want me find out.

My 'break' from work or more like my hiding away from Matt time was over and I had returned to work. I was currently seated behind my desk looking at some old newspaper cuttings I had managed to acquire as part of the perks of being a successful lawyer. Something wasn't adding up. According to my research, the president was a triplet with her brother being Joshua and her sister Cecelia. Lillian had ventured into politics at a young age which wasn't a decision that was supported by the two. At that time my dad didn't know Cecelia but years later when Lillian had contested for the presidency and won, my dad started working with Cecelia at a construction company overseas which meant they were alone together for some time.

All this was before the president's death. What wasn't adding up was that as soon as the president died, there was the messy breakup, Cecelia went missing and then my dad was exonerated in that order. Why was he released as soon as Cecelia disappeared? Could Cecelia have pressed the charges or I was missing a huge chunk of promising information? My thoughts were interrupted by a Chris who barged in with a pink box which I assumed had doughnuts.

"Thank you," I mumbled grabbing the doughnuts and biting into them immediately. As my mouth savored the flavors I moaned loudly which made Chris chuckle while taking a seat.

"You've been super distant," he commented and I hummed while trying to hide the newspapers that were scattered all over my desk.

"What's going on?" he pressed and I raised my eyebrows as if I didn't know what he was talking about. I pretended to fuss over something that was on my iPad I noticed him smirk before taking out his iPad.

"There was an email that you received today written in a code, computer language is what you can call it and I knew you wouldn't be able to open it without my help so I worked my magic to read the email and guess what it was saying." I stared at him, getting angry at how he had just opened my emails without my permission. "The email was telling you to meet Georgina and Jeff at the same location as last time at half past four which is in about fifteen minutes from now so start talking or you're going to miss that important 'meeting'."

I shrugged before muttering there was nothing going on but Chris knew better. It was one of his 'superpowers' to detect lies when they were being said. He looked like he was about to argue but I realized I needed to meet Jeff and Georgina today, I couldn't delay this any longer so I got up and pecked him on the cheeks before grabbing my things and literally sprinting to my car. I sped to the warehouse I had been to before and I arrived with a few minutes to spare. Georgina and Jeff were already waiting for me looking a bit impatient.

"I just saw the email now," I explained when I had parked my car and walked over to them.

"No you didn't, your friend Chris just showed it to you." I looked at Jeff and he shrugged before leading us to the room under the warehouse feeling a bit terrified. Georgina was now the one doing the arrow thing which made me almost dibs doing it next time even though I didn't know how it operated.

I sat down on one of the chairs that were in the room. It wasn't very comfortable but it was better than standing. My eyes wandered over the pictures and cuttings that were stuck on the wall. I wasn't really reading them, just browsing so that I would read the one that would catch my interest.

"Last time I was here we talked about Lillian but I have a feeling that's not all you wanted to share with me." they both nodded dragging their chairs closer to mine. Jeff started talking and my ears immediately perked up, not wanting to miss a single detail

"The president's assassinations was organized and hired by a man who goes by the name Michael Davis. Behind the whole construction business act is the leader of one of the most notorious 'organizations'. I think it's a mafia it's just that he insists it's a nongovernmental organization that helps restore order in the government. His 'organization' which started working closely with the government just recently eliminates corrupt and threatening people to the president and anyone who's willing to pay a ridiculous amount of money to have a politician or any in the government killed. Michael ordered her assassination because she had threatened to shut down his operation and publicly humiliate and exile him after a fight they had had.

Men like Michael are not easily threatened so he hatched up a plan with his wife Victoria who also happened to be your mother's best friend at the time. During this time your father was overseas with Cecelia and they were having an affair. Your mother suspected it but didn't have any evidence so she couldn't confront him. Instead when Victoria shared with her best friend, your mother about the president's threat she convinced Victoria that having your dad take the mission of killing the president would be a wise idea.

Michael like the idea and assigned your dad the mission of killing Cecelia's sister. He was a bit hesitant at first but eventually he agreed and succeeded as we all know. Madam President is very much dead. You might be wondering how he wasn't arrested. Well the answer is Michael has connections around the world and those connections helped your father not rot in hell. The blame was placed on someone else who didn't know anything but was forced to confess or his wife and kids would be murdered.

After all that had happened, Cecelia who was also a part of the organization broke up with your dad and made sure it was very messy by dragging the press into it. Sometime later she disappeared without a trace until now. My big guess is Cecelia has something to do with your daughter's disappearance because after everything that happened, she would obviously want you and your parents to suffer the way she and her brother did."

All this was all too much information for one person to hear in just one day. Now I knew what everyone meant when they told me to watch my back. I really couldn't trust anyone, not even my own parents.

"So does the organization still exist?" I questioned trying not to stutter because I was feeling really nervous.

"It does and your parents and the Henstridges are its partners now. They only go on very important missions but it's not that often."

"How do you all know this?"

"My real name isn't Jeff Collins, it's Darius Davis, I'm Michael's brother but I'm not a fan of what he does which is why I don't work for him along with my wife Georgina."

"This isn't real," I whispered with a scoff but I knew that was a lie, this was the reality of my life and I wished I could escape it. 

Vote, Comment and Share if you like