Chapter 13

After everyone had gone home I watched a movie with my new 'best friend'. We both cracking up because it was kind of a comedy movie and well Jayden was being surprisingly being funny; I didn't think it was in his DNA to laugh and make jokes and laugh. I went to bed as the movie ended so did Jay and I went to sleep happy but a bit confused. Things were not going to end well and I knew it. I was faking the whole liking Jayden show which meant he also was but why was he doing it? Was it connected to the people he worked for like Chris had mentioned.

The next morning I woke up feeling happy for some reason I don't know. I showered and skipped down the stairs to breakfast and I squealed when I found Chris standing in my kitchen.

"Oh my goodness I've missed you like crazy," I screamed and he laughed while covering his ears dramatically.

"I've missed you too anyway fill me in on everything. I brought food." I squealed as he led me to the living room where a buffet of fast foods was. Typical Chris.

"You're amazing," I told him with a smile and he laughed before plopping himself on the couch.

After giving him every single detail of what was happening in my life and him telling me what was happening in his life we had both finished the food and were sitting on the sofa looking for a movie to watch when I remembered Ben was supposed to pick me up. I bolted up to my room and took my phone which had a dozen missed calls from Ben.

I immediately called him and he sounded a bit pissed off. I explained everything that had happened and before I ended the call I felt someone touch my waist from behind.

"Oh my gosh you scared me," I laughed while slapping him playfully.

"Well you still have to go to work. You know that right?" I nodded before grabbing my bag so that we could leave. Waving at Chris who was watching some soccer match we both headed out to check on all my businesses like Ben had said.

All this was definitely making me feel a lot more guilty.

***

Who knew working was hard and tiring? My feet were killing me form wearing heels all day and my head was aching probably from thinking too much.

Currently I was in the living room with Jay and Eva. Eva was reading a magazine and Jayden was on his laptop probably doing work stuff. I was watching a sad romance movie while stuffing my face with popcorn and I was planning on stuffing it with chocolate ice cream after the popcorn.

"Eva why didn't you tell your friend about the baby?" I questioned lowly so that I wouldn't scare her away with my question.

"She would freak out and tell my mom who is a monster. She would probably kill me so I thought it was safer if she didn't know."

I nodded and decided not to say anything else. She could always tell me later when she felt ready for it. The ringing of my phone snapped me out of my thoughts and I answered it without checking the caller id.

Me: Hello?

Caller: Lola it is Jeff

Jeff was the private investigator I had hired to look into Vanessa's story.

Me: Any news?

Jeff: She's not dead. Turns out a girl called Emily Crux was the one who was buried in your daughter's place. Your daughter didn't actually die because of a window accident, it was a car accident that allegedly killed her and you'd be amazed at who was with her when it happened.

My breathing wasn't normal as he spoke but I tried to retain a calm composure. I had one person in mind but what if it wasn't them and it was someone else?

Me: Is that all?

Jeff: Let's meet tomorrow and then we'll talk, I have more information. I have to do something.

With that he hung up and I noticed Eva and Jay were staring at me as tears were rolling down my cheek. Before they could ask me what was wrong i bolted to my room and cried myself to sleep. i didn't feel like telling the world my problems.

****

Jeff had suggested we meet at a warehouse outside town and I was nervous at what I was going to hear. Was it going to add to my confusion or I was finally going to get some answers. I hugged my coat closer to my body before I spotted a black car park beside mine and Jeff stepped out with a woman. I knew I had seen the woman somewhere before but I couldn't remember where exactly.

"Lola, funny seeing you here," the woman commented with a smile and I just frowned trying to remember her.

"Who are you?" I asked her and she smiled before telling me she was Georgina. Oh, she was Vanessa's mother.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her with genuine curiosity and she replied with a 'work'.

Was she supposed to be working with Jeff?

Jeff then walked to the entrance of the warehouse after motioning for us to follow him. He unlocked the door before leading is into an empty room minus a bow and a couple of arrows that were stacked in a corner. Grabbing one of the arrows and the bow he readied himself to shoot at a target we all couldn't see. As soon as the arrow hit the anonymous target the floor in front of us started making loud creaking noises before it opened revealing a flight of stairs.

"Are you ready for some answers?" Jeff and Georgina asked and I nodded. I wasn't expecting to find the truth this early. 

We descended the stairs quickly and the stairs and Jeff led us to a room that was filled with pictures of my parents, me, Jay, Matt, Chris, Mr and Mrs. Davis who were the, it couple and some other faces I couldn't recognize. Mrs. Victoria Davis was a fashion designer who I admired and looked up to and her husband, Michael Davis was a business man with a very successful construction companies. She was my role model and her husband was my celebrity crush. It wasn't the same thing with Ben though; I didn't like him that much.

"What is this?" I questioned moving around the spacious walls.

"This is what we've been working on for about a few years now." I looked at Georgina who had just spoken with raised eyebrows and she dragged me to a newspaper cut that was on one of the walls. The headline was written US president assassinated.

As I read the article I realized the article was saying my dad had assassinated the president for some reasons unknown to the police.

"I don't understand," I mumbled while rereading the newspaper cut.

"Look at this one," Georgina said completely ignoring my previous statement. The headline read: Millionaire exonerated from gruesome charges.

After reading the cutting I had learned they had made a mistake in accusing my dead. The real criminal had been put behind bars. The cutting also claimed my dad had been framed by the real criminal and the real criminal had confessed to being guilty.

This was all so confusing; I needed answers not more questions! I was confused and I couldn't figure this out.

"I want you to look at the president's last name," Jeff ordered me and I went back to the newspaper cutting trying to look for where the name was mentioned. My heart froze when I realized what it was, it was Henstridge. Her name was Lillian Henstridge.

Vote, Comment and Share if you like