Chapter 17

After my encounter with Jayden I had tried to avoid him as much as possible. He knew I was avoiding him and he had confronted me about it but Chris had saved me knowing I didn’t want anything to do with him for the time being. I had told Chris everything and he was trying to see if he could get any more information, by seeing I meant he was hacking the FBI and the Davis’ computers for information. Over the weeks we had managed to find a video of my dad killing the president. It was horrifying seeing him ignoring her pleas to stop and pull the trigger. The bullet had hit her in the forehead and I still couldn’t sleep without seeing the images of her falling down after taking the bullet. What I felt for my parents after everything I knew was indescribable. My blood boiled whenever I thought of them and what they had done. I had been raised by murderers who had the guts to marry me off to a family of murderers.

At times I felt disappointment, repugnant and revolted and other times I would feel despair, vulnerability, inferiority and emptiness. I didn’t know what to believe anymore. Heck I had even forgotten how to laugh and smile genuinely. This made me insane and I felt like just ending it all.

A knock on my door made me look up from my papers with a raised eyebrow. I noticed it was Matt and Chris who had bright smiles on their faces.

“What’d you guys want?” I snapped with a bored expression even though I was happy to see them.

They both feigned offence after that before they sat down opposite me with concerned expressions.

“You guys don’t need to be worried about me; you know?” I told them with the best smile I managed to master even though it didn’t reach my eyes. I was guessing Chris’s big mouth had blurted everything to Matt. 

“We wanted to check up on you like the good friends we are.” 

I laughed at that before assuring them I was fine and they were reluctant to leave but eventually Matt had to go back to his office because of a client who had just arrived. 

As soon as Matt had shut the door, Chris took out his iPad and typed something before showing it to me. There was a picture of Cecelia holding Sylvia’s hand with a somber expression and a headline that read: Sylvia speaks on her daughter in law’s abusive nature…

It was the cover page of one of the most prominent magazines and a small picture of me was pasted on the corner of the page. My blood was boiling and I was shaking in anger. It was one thing to be mean and call me names but going as far as publicly humiliating me was another thing. My eyes skimmed through the article in the speed of light and all I could was scoff after reading the bullshit. It was all bullshit!

Sylvia had claimed she hadn’t slept a wink ever since I had married her son. She mentioned I would constantly insult and harass her and at some point I had slept her in front of her son. She had further gone to say I would harass her son and beat him up if he tried to stand up and I could best be described as violent and abusive. The reporter also mentioned that Sylvia was crying during her share and it was visible she was trying to cover a black eye with makeup.

This was outrageous, I had slapped Sylvia but it had healed that very day plus it had been weeks since that had happened.

Why would she strike now? 

As I continued rereading the article I noticed Chris hug my shoulders. I wouldn’t cry now, not after this stunt. Instead I would show Sylvia just how violent I could get when I was provoked.

Packing my things I ran out with Chris on my heels asking what I was going to do. I knew what I was going to do, I was going to kill the bitch today and no one would stop me. I sped to her mansion while Chris was busy telling me another way to tackle the issue at hand but what was better than tearing the hag’s plastic skin, she had had more than five plastic surgeries with the way she looked which made me wonder if there was any skin on her body? Wasn’t it all just plastic? 

Sighing and nodding absentmindedly arrived at the mansion and the gate was opened before we said who we were. Was Sylvia expecting us? As I pulled over I jumped out and tossed my phone and keys to Chris who clumsily caught them. I marched to the door and kicked it open in my six inch studded heels. Screaming Sylvia’s name I began pacing up and down, my anger levels slowly rising. I needed to break something or I would go insane. I then spotted a golf stick that was laying idol on the floor and I smirked while picking it up. Ignoring Chris pleas for me to stop what I was doing, I started breaking every glass object I came across whilst screaming and yelling.

“This is for insulting me and saying I wasn’t very bright.” I swung the stick and made sure it hit the glass table I had stumbled upon on my way to look for Sylvia.

“This is for everything you’ve ever done to me.” I swung the stick and hit a couple of vases that were worth thousands. I marched to the living room where there were a lot of glass objects which made me smile in glee.

I dropped the stick before picking up a vase Sylvia had claimed was from her ancestors. Using all my might I threw the vase at her huge expensive flat screen TV. It smashed into a million pieces and I smirked before picking up my stick. “That was for Vanessa.”

My throat was now beginning to hurt because of all the screaming and yelling but I was nowhere near started. I started hitting and breaking every glass thing I could lay my eyes. The maids were all staring but none of them made a move to stop me. I was stopped by some maid’s voice who claimed Sylvia wanted to see me as I was about to move on to the next room. This one looked like a war zone after everything I had done to it with loose glass shards and debris all over the floor. I followed her with Chris beside me and stopped when we came to a huge room with a long desk and chairs. I froze when I noticed who was sitting on the chairs. It was my parents, Jeff, Georgina, Mr and Mrs. Davis, some unfamiliar faces, Brenda, Matt, Joshua, Cecelia and his wife. It was everyone from the organization and Matt and Brenda were a part of them.

Vote, Comment and Share if you like