Chapter 18

I was snapped out of my daze by Sylvia who was standing in front of me with an iPad in her hand and a smirk plastered across her face.

"I see you've heard," she spoke her voice sounding so soft and calm.

"How dare you tarnish my image and claim I am abusive. If you wanted to see my violent side you could've just asked and I'd have gladly whipped your ass for you considering your mama never did that for you. Anyway it's your lucky day because I made this trip to show you exactly what a raging bitch I can be," I yelled while glaring at her.

She scoffed before putting her iPad down and mumbling a 'bring it on'. I smirked dropping my stick to make it a 'fair fight'. As I was readying myself I felt a sharp sting on my cheek. The bitch had slapped me and that was the worst mistake she would ever make because today was the last day she would live to make more mistakes.

"A cheek for a cheek," she snickered looking at my shocked expression. I slapped her back only with more force which made her stumble backwards. "You're right, a cheek for a cheek."

She glared at me regaining her posture and she tried to throw in a punch but I held her hand and twisted it making her groan in agony, it was music to my ears. I finally let her go and while she was rubbing it I kicked her to the floor in my heels and while she was down on the cold floor I made sure the heel pierced into her back.

"You should've never tested a bitch like me. Things happen when I'm tested," I whispered pulling her by the hair making her face me. When I let her go she slowly got up and when I was least expecting it she punched me in the face before pushing me to the walls. I tried to fight her off but her hold on me was too strong. When I felt something sharp pressing against my leg I suddenly stopped fighting, Sylvia was holding a knife to my thigh.

"Sylvia," I heard someone warn from the table but I didn't know who it was.

"Aren't you going to kill me? I know you've wanted to do it for a while now and so have I. I want to end my life, to finally free myself from you so why don't you just get on with it," I whispered trying not to give in to the pain. She smirked and muttered a 'gladly' with the knife starting to slowly piece my skin. My dress was already torn where the knife was piercing through and the pain was beginning to get to me but I didn't want to scream. I couldn't give her the satisfaction of knowing she had had me scream as she sliced my leg open and left me to bleed to death so I bit my lip and tried to muffle the screams.

"Sylvia get your hands off my daughter or there will be consequences." It was the same voice that had called Sylvia's name warningly before but it was neither of my parent's voices.

Sylvia scoffed and removed the knife from my leg which was gushing with blood. My hands immediately went to the wound while Sylvia faced the owner of the voice. It was Victoria Davis who was pointing at Sylvia with a gun in her hand.

"Are you going to kill me now?" she questioned while feigning hurt, she truly was delusional.

"Step away from my daughter or I will shoot your brains out and get rid of your body and no one will ever find you," she threatened looking even more fierce while stalking towards Sylvia.

Why did Victoria keep calling me her daughter?

"I would restrain from what you're doing Vicky, you've got more enemies than friends in this room."

My eyes darted to everyone in the room while I continued touching my wound that was still bleeding. Chris was sitting down with me holding me in his arms while trying to put pressure on the wound.

"What do you mean?" she questioned trying to hide her shocked expression.

"I'm just saying the people who pledged their loyalty to you years back are no longer wrapped around you long pretty finger."

Victoria moved closer to Sylvia with her hands holding her gun even more tightly. Things were getting a little intense. The people who had obviously pledged their loyalty to Sylvia had to be the people in this room which meant that they had betrayed Victoria. For some reason I felt sorry for her but I immediately dismissed the feeling when I remembered she and her husband owned an organization to kill big wigs.

As I was still trying to figure everything out I was torn out of my thoughts by an all too familiar voice, it was Jayden who strode in holding a gun while saying, "I wouldn't take another step if I was you Victoria darling."

His words earned him a glare from Michael and myself as I tried not to wince in pain at the wound that was hurting.

"Why shouldn't I take another step Jay?" she challenged but she didn't move forward.

"Good question babe," he stopped and moved closer to me with an evil grin, his gun pointing at me. "The answer to it is I'll shoot your first born child and your unborn grandchild."

I looked at Jay with a confused expression. He was talking about me but I wasn't pregnant. I didn't recall myself indulging in sex over the past few months. Clearly he was bluffing so that Victoria wouldn't do anything stupid like murdering someone in a room full of witnesses.

"You're lying. I'm not pregnant and I'm not her daughter," I said my voice sounding a bit weak. I was tired. My wound was painful and Chris was being fussy.

"I wish I was but when last did you receive your period?" Jayden asked his eyes boring into mine. He had a smug expression on his face and his eyes had a mischievous glint in them.
I tried to rake my brain and I discovered it was about three or four months ago. I didn't know why but I would skip my periods for months at times for some reason I didn't know and it didn't mean I was pregnant. Plus I had never had sex with Jay so why was he insisting I was pregnant.

"I'm not pregnant," I told him and he laughed humorlessly the mischievous glint in his eyes replaced with a cold dark look.

"Remember when you visited the doctor for your monthly checkup?" I nodded and he continued, "I paid the doctor to inseminate you with my sperm just to check if you were really barren plus you having a child is the only way to rid ourselves of this contract and well you did get pregnant. When you went for another checkup, that's when he found out you were pregnant but I didn't want to spoil the surprise, you'd find out with the morning sickness and all..."

He was cut off by Matt who mumbled a 'Lola doesn't get morning sickness'.

"How would you know?" Jayden snapped looking away from me and facing his brother.

"I've seen her pregnant before, with my daughter Vanessa," he replied seriously which made Jayden look angrier than he already looked.

"Why didn't I know this?" he yelled staring at my parents who were quieter than church mice.

"This wouldn't have been as fun as it is now," my mom replied with a bitchy expression which made Jayden glare at her.

As everything was happening my mind was registering Jay's words. He had inseminated me without my consent and he had gotten me pregnant. Words couldn't explain how I felt. Betrayal and anger swirled inside me and I felt like just crushing something just to channel the emotions elsewhere. My anger at the moment was enough to generate the whole country's electricity supplies for a whole week. I didn't want to think about the part where I had a living being inside me. After Vanessa's death I had begun to have a strong feeling of dislike for all kids and now I had one growing inside me. I knew it wasn't fair to blame every kid for living but I just did. My loneliness had made me excited at the possibility of having Vanessa alive but then the truth was the seed of hate for kids had been planted in me and it had grown big with its roots binding my heart leaving no room for love but only tolerance.

"This is all crazy," I whispered trying not to close my eyes which were beginning to become droopy.
Chris began to whisper I couldn't fall asleep but I just wanted to sleep. To take a break from everything and just shut my eyes. I could feel Victoria shaking me telling me I couldn't fall asleep which made me mad. Why didn't anyone want me to rest? Did they hate me that much to not let me sleep? Ignoring their pleas I shut my eyes and welcomed the darkness. I was finally sleeping.

Vote, Comment and Share if you like