Chapter 1, The Beginning

This was it.  I was in a completely new town, with new people, and absolutely no friends.  Though I didn't have many friends at my old school in the first place.  It was like a new start that I didn't want, or ask for.  Regardless, it was a change my mother felt she had to make. Something about grandmother 'irritating the living piss out of her'. Though that's not import at this moment, what is?

Coffee.
I. Love. Coffee. My whole life runs on coffee - in fact, our bills are paid for by my dads coffee business. Other families play board games, maybe go out together on road trips, watch movies together.  No, not us.  We drink coffee.  Though my mother - ironically - prefers tea.
I love it.  It's what keeps me sane, and what keeps the clogs of our family functioning.

My mom opened the car door for me to step out, so I did.  Jerking my eyes all over the place to look around as my eyes were met with cold Colorado air.  A pretty bland home, but better then our old house.  Upon looking around, I noticed that most of the houses on this street looked the same. No originality whatsoever.

"Mom, why'd we have to m-move?"  I huffed,
which mom challenged with a sigh, letting her eyes flutter open as she glanced at me.

"Tweek Tweak, you are 16 years old with a roof over your head, clothes on your back, and a family who loves you; you have no reason to act so negatively." Her eyes held a familiar fire, eventually smoking down to concern.
"Why don't you come with me, we can go meet the neighbors and leave the unpacking for the muscle men." She held her hand out, doing a mischievous twiddle with her fingers.

"Uhh- N-no. I'm ok."

I spoke quickly as I left my mother's side, hoping to not see the hurt smothered into her expression.

The rooms were as dull as everything else. I figured it was a sort of metaphor for my life to come, and let it wash over me as a lied in my bedroom floor. it was already 7pm, and the 'muscle men', as mom called them, had moved in all the essentials. 

8pm and I was plopped into a soft bed. It was new of course; everything was. Yet a the alien feeling of cheap sheets and chicken feather pillows made my stress melt out of me, like butter touching a hot skillet. 

Sleeping is my favorite part of the day.  Once you're in bed and all tuckered out, you can feel the tension slipping away and your eyes slowly sliding closed.  Sleeping is the best.

That was it for me. I happily lost the battle of staying awake.

My eyes closed.

Dreams shuddered like a broken memory, slipping through my mind as if it were a fine sand, and by the time I had adjusted to the meditative feeling of sleep. .

My eyes slowly slipped open, avoiding the light by shutting them and retreated to my pillow - my head stuck into it.

Now this - This was my least favorite part of the day. As I looked around I started to notice that I didn't unpack my clothes.  Now I might be a clutz', but this is a low point for me.

After spending twenty minutes of screaming, having a panic attack, and searching for a pair of underwear, I decide they've been stolen by none other then the underpants gnomes.  Meaning I was forced to go commando - uh, again. I ruffled my hair a little and decided it didn't matter if I brushed it or not, and then I was leaving.

I realized how cold South Park, Colorado really was once I stepped outside; instantly regretting not wearing a thick jacket. (nor underwear.) Every one of the kids in front of the school either looked to be on crack, or like they were ready to crack open a stranger's skull. I prayed to Buddha for protection, hoping that the skull being cracked wouldn't be mine.